non line of sight internet signal

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
metalmonkey
Resident

non line of sight internet signal

Postby metalmonkey » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi

we are near to a large mast for WIMAX (Iberbanda) but have non line of sight, I've done a bit of research and it appears that I could buy a system called Orthogon which can cope with this....anyone using this or can suggest an alternative.....there will be 50 people in Los Juncares (our village) very happy if you can!

Cheers
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

ICCSL
Andalucia.com Amigo

Iberbanda

Postby ICCSL » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:45 pm

You might want to have another crack at Iberbanda. They came to our village a while back and said that they couldn't install because of the same reason. However when we suggested they put the aerial on a high pole, they did and it worked. I think it depends which engineer you get. Some of them are really helpful and some of them are not. If there are lots of people in your village who want the service you could all contribute to the pole.
Tina

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:58 pm

Interesting technology.

Who pays for it? ( The Alcalde maybe?!)

How do you get Iberbanda (Telefonica) to supply you with service if they believe you to be in an area of non serviceability?

I wonder if Iberbanda keep a list of potential customers they found to be non serviceable and revisit them when they do infrastructure upgrades e.g. if they installed a repeater for either the Rute or Zagra kit at say Iznahar. Somehow I doubt it!

Good luck and keep us posted.

olive

metalmonkey
Resident

Postby metalmonkey » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi

had a pm which mentioned a company called Citrusred...anyone using them at the moment (SAT connection for broadband)?

Anyone know how much it costs for an iberbanda mast...thought I may as well ask?

thanks

metalmonkey
Resident

Postby metalmonkey » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi just had a really ...really silly thought!!!

is there a plan anywhere of the installation of planned Telefonica land lines in villages and a timescale?

Yes I know I said it was a silly question. I phoned Telefonica and they just kept telling me to ring back in 6 months!!

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:22 pm

Last week Telefonica cut off our land lines & ADSL to around 500 homes on our urbanisation from Sunday night through to 4.00 pm Friday - no excuse, only that there was an incident. All worked fine over the weekend, and then they cut off ADSL yesterday all day. I would not trust them to plan a p**s up in a brewery. Trouble is, not one of the Wifi companies will give you a guarantee of uninterrupted signals or money back.
My brain works like lightning -one flash and it's gone