An internet supplier via Telefonica radio phone?

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

An internet supplier via Telefonica radio phone?

Postby oliveview01 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:33 pm

Sorry, do not know if this subject has been covered before. We have now got a radio phone (no land line available in this area nor sat. phone) with Telefonica and want to get connected to the internet. We can dial up through Telefonica, thought we would try it before we signed up to Telefonicas charges.it works but is very slow!! We were wondering if any other suppliers can work via our radio phone? We have very bad mobile phone coverage in this area (Movistar, Orange and Vodaphone). Our old house (Land line and ADSL we used Spansurf.)
Hope to look in here later to see is there are any suggestions! Thanks
Olive view

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:05 pm

Why not get a satellite broadband (or close to it) system and use Skype for your calls. WE had dial up internet on a digital trac phone from telefonica and it was painfully slow, could make a cup of tea between pages.......it could drive you mad after having ADSL........

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:29 pm

I enquired with one company and they wanted around 2,500€ possibly more to set the system up and 100€ a month! :shock:
Oliveview

Julie
Andalucia Guru

tip

Postby Julie » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:33 pm

Here is a good tip, well depending on how you look at it, :roll: take a walk/bike ride to nearest libary and save your money, also you will be mega fit :)
Just a thought Lol. :wink:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:38 pm

Try installing this on your computer, it does speed things up a bit on dial up......

Increase Internet Speed Software - webRocket. webROCKET (Internet Optimizer) ... CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NOW! Great Internet Software ...

www.theboost.net/webrocket

Copy it fast before the spies steal it away........!!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:40 pm

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:02 pm

We do use the library for the internet, it is just a problem if we want to do flight booking etc. most days it is busy so as comparing flights etc takes time we thought it would be better to use the home internet. The library has been a godsend the past 18 months!! We did say we would have to carry on using the library- trouble is, it is a 14 km drive there a bit too far to walk (for me) and the road is dangerously busy too :(
Oliveview

Julie
Andalucia Guru

internet

Postby Julie » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:25 pm

Not to worry, don't want you to get knocked over Lol. I have to say the library has also been a godsend to me in the past.
For speed when looking for flights, you could try www.skyscanner.co.uk :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:25 pm

Are you in an Iberbanda serviceable area? Quite an economic alternative to satellite

You could try Onspeed to speed up downloads. I think it is about £25 a year per PC.

olive