Sky, again sorry

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Sky, again sorry

Postby pirate » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:24 pm

Anybody having any problems with Sky this week?

I keep getting "No satelite signal", or "There is a technical fault with this channel" other channels work and others are on and off.

I think I may have an intermittent problem with my box, hence I am not able to establish the true cause, ie my equipment or Sky. :(
Snot me, stwiscki

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:54 pm

Sounds like a problem with the dish, may have moved a bit with the highwinds.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Ours had a similar problem earlier this week, all is fine now, I think it was out for an hour or so. We put it down to a bad signal.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:23 pm

In our case it seemed to go off, or at least break-up and freeze, every morning at around 10.30? We taped the wonderful "Saturday Kitchen" and the signal was poor for the first 10 minutes or so......reduced power for maintenance of the satellite by little green men, maybe? :D
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:44 pm

We are coming up to one of the time of the year when the sun and the satellites are in a direct line at around 10.45 am resulting in loss of signal. The length of time that this situation continues depends on how well the dish is adjusted in the first place.

This happens for a few days in the early spring and autumn and unavoidable.

Pirate, you can track down the source of the problem by testing your box on someone else's dish or trying someone else's box on yours. There was a recent thread on this problem with suggestions from various members:

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14672

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:32 pm

my jeremy kyle goes off at 11am everyday..most disappointing,but comes back on later on,so i can catch the last 10 mins. :oops:

pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pirate » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks all,

I tried my satelite in a suitcase system on my dish and hey presto Astra1 28% south its great but the only problem no channel five, I`m now almost sure its my box.

Interesting now I find I can have both systems set up as the LNB cable passes through one, err thats when I get my new box lol, cheers anyway everyone.

Mine seems to work in evenings I am wondering if it is work going on and we are on reduced power in the daytime?
Snot me, stwiscki

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:32 pm

Pirate, double check the instructions regarding your IF output because on my FTA box it only works when the box is switched off which means you can only operate one box at a time and I also find that the output signal is seriously attenuated.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:19 am

Heart 106.2 rules this household's daytime entertainment. Fantastic music to keep me sane whilst the rest of the world goes to hell in a handcart! Image