New Monitor for PC

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Robano
Andalucia.com Amigo

New Monitor for PC

Postby Robano » Sun May 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Can anyone advise where the nearest place to Competa (Velez, Torre, Nerja) that I can buy a good value LCD monitor from. My wifes stopped working after a thunderstorm last night.

Looks like PC City is good on price - is that the one near the airport?

Steve
Now living, relaxing and passing the time Cornwall for a while - very often thinking of the Axarquia and its mountains.

scotty
Resident

Re: New Monitor for PC

Postby scotty » Sun May 10, 2009 8:21 pm

Robano wrote: My wife's stopped working after a thunderstorm last night.

Steve
Tell her to start work again or you'll get a newer model :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun May 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Try Urende, if there is one near you. Otherwise there is one on Polígono Santa Barbara on the right as you head for the airport or in the Larios Centre in Málaga. Perhaps buy a UPS at the same time!
Let's go Brandon!

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Tue May 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Eroski
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue May 12, 2009 10:06 pm

Try www.appinformatica.com

They have shops in Nerja, Torre and Velez Malaga.

Check their site for locations and prices.

Sid

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed May 13, 2009 10:14 am

El Cid wrote:Try http://www.appinformatica.com

They have shops in Nerja, Torre and Velez Malaga.

Check their site for locations and prices.

Sid
Most useful. This is just the shop I need to have in reserve for when one of our PCs decides to stop working.

Maybe it's me, or Googlelanguage but I can't find a link on their site with store locations. Any one of the three that you mention will work for me but what are their addresses? I'll apologise in advance if it actually is blindingly obvious on their website and I'm just to dumb to see it :-)

Do they also do computer desks/workstations as I'm gonna have to buy one as soon as we arrive. Not impressed with the ones in Eroskis
Regards

Bob

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed May 13, 2009 10:25 am

casita-bonita wrote: Maybe it's me, or Googlelanguage but I can't find a link on their site with store locations.
Do they also do computer desks/workstations

On their website, in the orange box at the top, left hand side "Buscar tu Tienda" will get the list of shops.

No they don't do desks. It's a small shop and is a franchise operation with hundreds of shops. The guy in Velez Malaga speaks good English and is very helpful.. If something is not in stock they can get it within a day or two.

Sid

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed May 13, 2009 12:19 pm

El Cid wrote:
casita-bonita wrote: Maybe it's me, or Googlelanguage but I can't find a link on their site with store locations.
Do they also do computer desks/workstations

On their website, in the orange box at the top, left hand side "Buscar tu Tienda" will get the list of shops.

No they don't do desks. It's a small shop and is a franchise operation with hundreds of shops. The guy in Velez Malaga speaks good English and is very helpful.. If something is not in stock they can get it within a day or two.

Sid
Ah, it was me then :-) Thanks for that.

Means I won't have to pack a box of spares to bring with me if I can get fans (which don't seem to last long) and other parts locally. Frees some space in the car for other junk, err must have with us possessions.

Do PC City do workstations?. PC World which I assume are the same company used to carry a good selection but when I went into my local branceh last week they had a choice of one.
Regards

Bob

Robano
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Robano » Wed May 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Casita Bonita - we got a couple of good modern style glass and steel workstations from Bufalo in Velez for 105 Euros each. There is also Ikea if you have the stamina.

To all others - Thanks - for the moment I applied years of Post Office/Telecom training and even longer making delinquent electrical things work, to the issue - took the monitor apart poked it, blew on it, shook it, put it back together again minus a few choice bits and, of course it worked. Still the links and addresses are good to have.

Cheers
Steve
Now living, relaxing and passing the time Cornwall for a while - very often thinking of the Axarquia and its mountains.

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:05 pm

Robano wrote:Can anyone advise where the nearest place to Competa (Velez, Torre, Nerja) that I can buy a good value LCD monitor from. My wifes stopped working after a thunderstorm last night.

Looks like PC City is good on price - is that the one near the airport?

Steve

i hope you have tried to see if its not gone, what i mean is, two weeks ago my lcd screen would not work, i was not sure if it was my computor, so i ask my son to plug it in to his, no it didn't work, just as he was unpluging it from the back of the screen it fired up again, and is fine, i no nowt about electrics, but like when the sky box freezes up are wont work. we unplug it for a little while ,and 8 times out of 10 it reboots up,you got nowt to lose take all plugs out replug up and see,

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: should of read your last post before i gave you my advice of wisdom, he he