Really stupid question

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
janda_grant2
Resident

Really stupid question

Postby janda_grant2 » Sun May 02, 2010 9:28 am

A frrend has asked me to set his sky box to record some programmes this week, now I have an idiots guide on how to do this, but when I've set the programmes to record, do I turn the sky box off (like you would a video on preset recording) or do I leave it on? HELP!
I can spell but I can't type

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Re: Really stupid question

Postby princess peach » Mon May 03, 2010 3:54 pm

lol,if you have set the "recorder" to record,the sky box should automatically go on and off itself when the prog starts and finishes...Just dont unplug it from the wall. :lolno:

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Mon May 03, 2010 8:59 pm

well i gotta say Peachy, if i set mine to record, i have to leave the sky box "on", on the channel i want to record. i then have to manually turn it off anytime after it has finished recording. :lol:
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Thanks girls, It's all a bit "new" for me - still using the video recorder (haven't even got a DVDR yet!) So, I've programmed it and left it - he has two chances it will either record or it won't! :?
I can spell but I can't type

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon May 03, 2010 9:31 pm

Depending on your video recorder, it may be possible for the SKY box to send a message to the VCR to record automatically using the EPG,through the scart lead. A few years back I had a Sony VCR that could do it.Later I bought a Sony dvd/hd recorder that could also do it.
It's the same as SKY plus without their equipment.
SKY receivers have the firmware to do it.