PC City closing down

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

PC City closing down

Postby markwilding » Sat May 21, 2011 8:50 pm

PC city are closing all their shops in Spain.At the moment they've got 60% off everything.There's very little left but I did buy a Family copy of windows 7 with 3 licences for 56 euros.It could be worth a trip down to your local one
Last edited by markwilding on Sun May 22, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAWG
Resident

Re: PC City closing down

Postby JAWG » Sun May 22, 2011 1:25 am

What do the 7 widows think of that?
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun May 22, 2011 8:31 am

JAWG wrote:What do the 7 widows think of that?
It wasn't 7 widows but 1 widow called 7. :lol:

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Sun May 22, 2011 11:51 am

They are probably busier now than they have ever been. I've only been twice in the past and on both occasions I was the only shopper there.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon May 23, 2011 8:26 pm

Instead of having the difficult task of getting a trader in Spain to honour a guarantee, you will have an impossible one!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon May 23, 2011 9:18 pm

The one in Malaga is shut. :(
Went there today hoping to pick up a few bargains.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:22 pm

I used to go in occasionally to buy something - ink and cables being the more radical projected purchases, and always came out empty handed!
I can spell but I can't type

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon May 23, 2011 10:26 pm

peteroldracer wrote:Instead of having the difficult task of getting a trader in Spain to honour a guarantee, you will have an impossible one!
Peter, I dont understand why you think it's impossible for a trader in Spain to honour a guarantee.
The law is clear, a guarantee is for two years. In the second year the retailer is responsible for any repairs.
Obviously the situation is different with a company closing down but wouldn't that be the same in any country when a company ceases to trade?

PC City is actually a British company and they are renowned for making things difficult for customers, who have a problem, once the one year manufacturers guarantee expires in their shops in the UK .

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon May 23, 2011 10:56 pm

markwilding wrote:
The law is clear, a guarantee is for two years. In the second year the retailer is responsible for any repairs.
It's not that simple. Yes, the warranty is two years and the responsibility is the sellers not the manufacturer.

However in the first 6 months any fault is assumed to have existed at the time of delivery (unless the seller came prove misuse etc). For the next 18 months you have to prove that the fault existed at the time of delivery. This may well entail you in sending it back to the manufacturer of paying to have it inspected. It it is proved that the fault existed at the time of delivery then you don't have to pay these costs and you have redress against the seller.

In the UK these rules also apply but the UK Sale of Goods Act gives up to 6 years protection.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon May 23, 2011 11:27 pm

Sid,
The point I wanted to make is to counter the argument that if you buy faulty goods here in Spain, Retailers won't respond to any complaint, which in my experience here hasn't been the case.
I buy more than my fair share of gadgets and have encountered the occasional problem, which has always been sorted out, even if sometime a threat of making a complaint to the consumer office has been needed.
Funnily enough it was PC City(The British Company) that came up with the strangest argument that they weren't responsible for a laptop I had bought because they were agents not retailers. I just asked for the address of their head office and for the complaints form and they backed down.