online Trading

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: online Trading

Postby katy » Wed May 30, 2012 2:59 pm

I don't think I would ever by f/book shares. Most financial pages were saying don't buy months ago. I buy companies that have had (to my thinking) a blip, bit of bad news etc. When BP spilt the oil in the Gulf I bought at 298 (approx) and sold around 420 as I thought they were bound to recover.

Does anyone do currency trading? Some guys at golf club started, don't know how they did. I think Beachy said he dabbled a bit. Personally I wouldn't touch it heard of people being wiped out overnight.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:09 am

So go on then, pee on my chips.......who stuck a shed load on Bankia shares last week? :(
:D
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:54 am

If they did I would get rid of them this morning. I do think there was a bit of hanky panky on the spanish stock market last week. Shares were going up whilst the rest of europes were down. On Friday spanish stocks rose 1.83% including bankia...I don't suppose it was Rajoy informing investor cronies what was going to happen...he wouldn't have done that would he :lolno:

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:45 pm

I would get rid of any Spanish equity today. Rajo was right not to call it a Bailout with 10 year bonds now at 6.47% it was a Failout :thumbdown:
Ann

Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:17 pm

katy wrote:I don't think I would ever by f/book shares. Most financial pages were saying don't buy months ago. I buy companies that have had (to my thinking) a blip, bit of bad news etc. When BP spilt the oil in the Gulf I bought at 298 (approx) and sold around 420 as I thought they were bound to recover.

Does anyone do currency trading? Some guys at golf club started, don't know how they did. I think Beachy said he dabbled a bit. Personally I wouldn't touch it heard of people being wiped out overnight.
You can get wiped out overnight but that's people who don;t know what they're doing, which is most of them. TBH, you can get wiped out share trading as well if you use leverage and don;t know what you're doing. It's like anything, spend a few years doing it and you'll have learned the ropes but those who use real money at the beginning soon get their lesson.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi DA,

Hope you didn't have any shares in Barclays! :lol: