getting photos off a phone

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

getting photos off a phone

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 pm

My son has a new Samsung (?) Rio II phone that he brought with him to Spain.Unfortunately he didn't bring the instructions, and now we have a small problem !

I transferred some photos from my phone to his via bluetooth - so far so good. I transferred his photos to my laptop - no problem. What I can't seem to do is transfer my photos from his phone to the laptop (I have no nconnection I can use direct with the laptop :thumbdown: )

Does anyone have any idea how we can get these few photos on the lappy ? He's transferred them to a folder called 'other' on the phone,and I can see a folder with the same name on the lappy, but it is empty....
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Colinm
Resident

Re: getting photos off a phone

Postby Colinm » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:20 am

chrissiehope wrote:. What I can't seem to do is transfer my photos from his phone to the laptop (I have no nconnection I can use direct with the laptop :thumbdown: )

But aren't your photos on your phone? Why do you need to transfer them from his phone?
or am I completely misunderstanding the situation? :?:

How are you seeing the 'other' folder on his phone. Is it connected to your laptop?
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Where have the photos been stored on the phone - on a memory card or in the phone memory? On my phone unless they are on the memory card my computer can't see them.
I can spell but I can't type

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Colinm wrote:
chrissiehope wrote:. What I can't seem to do is transfer my photos from his phone to the laptop (I have no nconnection I can use direct with the laptop :thumbdown: )

But aren't your photos on your phone? Why do you need to transfer them from his phone?
or am I completely misunderstanding the situation? :?:
See bold above !!
Colinm wrote:How are you seeing the 'other' folder on his phone. Is it connected to your laptop?
Yes, his phone is connected to my laptop via USB cable. I click on My Computer, then his phone's disk drive, which then offers four folders, one of which is 'photos' and another is 'other'.

janda - good question - I'm not sure, you may have the answer...
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)