Has anyone actually lost their TV signal yet?

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Has anyone actually lost their TV signal yet?

Postby El Cid » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:20 pm

firsttango wrote:

He/She requires MICRO USB to HDMI the above is a simple mini hdmi to hdmi
In which case get this one - even cheaper!

http://www.amazon.es/StarTech-com-2m-HD ... mi+to+hdmi

Sid

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:25 pm

El Cid wrote:
firsttango wrote:

He/She requires MICRO USB to HDMI the above is a simple mini hdmi to hdmi
In which case get this one - even cheaper!

http://www.amazon.es/StarTech-com-2m-HD ... mi+to+hdmi

Sid

Again its micro HDMI to HDMI ..............................not what they need

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:28 pm

Dave

Acen
Resident

Postby Acen » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Theres a story in the Chronicle in Gibraltar about the channel lost, and they mentioned that although there was a lost of channels they switched sats and now the BBC is back!!!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:01 pm

Mowser wrote:Micro USB-M a HDMI-A-M. 1.8metres

http://www.amazon.es/Cablematic-Cable-H ... o+usb+hdmi
Well, we got there in the end! Amazon Spain do seem to carry, or have access to, an increasing range of products now.

Sid

JAKE M
Resident

Postby JAKE M » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:15 pm

You could of course get a life. Missing Disney channels and the like? Sad! If T.V is such an important part of your life, move back to the U.K OR Learn the local language and watch Spanish T.V.instead. Seemples
There is no such thing as gravity-Earth sucks

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:18 pm

JAKE M wrote:You could of course get a life. Missing Disney channels and the like? Sad! If T.V is such an important part of your life, move back to the U.K OR Learn the local language and watch Spanish T.V.instead. Seemples
Good rant!
Dave

Acen
Resident

Postby Acen » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Im sure lots of us speak fluent spanish, and have embraced spanish culture, but it does not mean we want to give up our british way of life.

I personally have all my family on the south coast as relied on bbc news and the red button service.

as I see it as well, i had to pay for the tv licence fee for over 25 years, with the world service broadcasting their rubbish all across the world but now its ok for the BBC for the UK.

I bet they would not dream about excluding the republic of ireland!!! or scotland if they split.

not everything in spain is great, like the TV, so i dont see why there is a problem in trying to have access to it.

I can pick up the marroccan digital channels no problem which id imagine pleases 40% of algeciras!!

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Okay, thanks everyone, the cable is now sorted.

However my next problem is that I cannot seem to be able to get BBC1 Scotland on FilmOn. Is this the case or is there a way round this?

Thank you.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:18 pm

ajtg1952 wrote:Okay, thanks everyone, the cable is now sorted.

However my next problem is that I cannot seem to be able to get BBC1 Scotland on FilmOn. Is this the case or is there a way round this?

Thank you.
You get what is there on their prog menu...end of

JAKE M
Resident

Postby JAKE M » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Acen wrote:
"I personally have all my family on the south coast as relied on bbc news and the red button service."

I picture 20 members of your family all lined up with their own telly and remote control frantically searching in vain for a pathetic source of entertainment.

"as I see it as well, i had to pay for the tv licence fee for over 25 years, with the world service broadcasting their rubbish all across the world but now its ok for the BBC for the UK."

You're right. you did pay. Not any more, so you're "entitled" to nothing.
And why would you want to watch programmes by a company "broadcasting their rubbish all across the world"
hmmm

Acen
Resident

Postby Acen » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:49 pm

Well done Jake.

It must be all the vino you drink that make you so funny.

Feel free not to read the TV thread if your not interested in it.

a

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Acen wrote:Theres a story in the Chronicle in Gibraltar about the channel lost, and they mentioned that although there was a lost of channels they switched sats and now the BBC is back!!!
Yes here is the article http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=32831

So what direction are they pointing their sat dishes in Gib, or have they got Jodrell Bank on the rock :lol: or maybe we should all reposition our sat dishes to face Gib :lol:

terry

eazbak
Resident

Postby eazbak » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:28 pm

Maybe gibraltar is receiving the tv signal down the cable that runs from the uk right down to gibraltar! Maybe we could attach a few more metres to that cable to bring it into andalucia !

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:08 pm

telboy wrote:
Acen wrote:Theres a story in the Chronicle in Gibraltar about the channel lost, and they mentioned that although there was a lost of channels they switched sats and now the BBC is back!!!
Yes here is the article http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=32831

So what direction are they pointing their sat dishes in Gib, or have they got Jodrell Bank on the rock :lol: or maybe we should all reposition our sat dishes to face Gib :lol:

terry

There is only one other satellite that carries the BBC/ITV channels and it is the Intelsat 907 at 27W which has been discussed previously on this thread.

Once they change the encryption it will be inaccessible until someone hacks it again or it might even get switched off entirely.

Not a long term solution for the average user, but arguably a temporary fix.

Sid

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:15 pm

JAKE M wrote:
You could of course get a life. Missing Disney channels and the like? Sad! If T.V is such an important part of your life, move back to the U.K OR Learn the local language and watch Spanish T.V.instead. Seemples
Oh dear, did you feel better after posting such a pompous rant? If some of us want to watch Channels you clearly feel to be inferior so what? I love it when "part time" residents with a foot in both countries deem it necessary to lecture us. :yawn:

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:30 pm

Yes, but they ddo not say how they are getting them back to their service - my money bbcsatback on intelsat 27.5 west - wonder what they will do when the codes change and they don't have the new codes for severaldays....
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

JAKE M
Resident

Postby JAKE M » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:42 pm

masterob wrote:

Oh dear, did you feel better after posting such a pompous rant? If some of us want to watch Channels you clearly feel to be inferior so what? I love it when "part time" residents with a foot in both countries deem it necessary to lecture us. :yawn:
Great insight on my whereabouts masterob. As it happens we move out full time in April this year.
The purpose of my "pompous rant" was A 29 page posting of who gets what channel is a tad sad.

I once hired a holiday cottage in Devon (This is relevant) and in the cottage was a guest book. Now reading through the comments was like reading this thread. The number of complaints about the old fashioned telly and vcr recorder(yes it was a few years back) was rather tedious until one chap wrote " what is all the moaning about? Anyone complaining about lack of television etc has missed the point of being on holiday"
Now I know not everyone living in Spain is on holiday but Is there nothing else to do? Does Spain have so little to offer? Come on lighten up guys.

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:24 pm

If you have lost Channel 4 in this mornings satellite move, then it may be possible - depending on dish size and location and a sky subscription card , to continue to watch Channel 4 by adding the Irish encrypted version of the channel to your Sky box's "Other Channels" list.

Not too sure if this will work in your area - as the Irish versions are currently on Astra 2As north beam...which may not be available in your area.

http://www.satandpcguy.com/blog/2014/02 ... iptin-try/
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:27 pm

JakeM wrote:
Great insight on my whereabouts masterob. As it happens we move out full time in April this year.
The purpose of my "pompous rant" was A 29 page posting of who gets what channel is a tad sad.

I once hired a holiday cottage in Devon (This is relevant) and in the cottage was a guest book. Now reading through the comments was like reading this thread. The number of complaints about the old fashioned telly and vcr recorder(yes it was a few years back) was rather tedious until one chap wrote " what is all the moaning about? Anyone complaining about lack of television etc has missed the point of being on holiday"
Now I know not everyone living in Spain is on holiday but Is there nothing else to do? Does Spain have so little to offer? Come on lighten up guys.
Good luck with your permanent move in April. Perhaps we can exchange opinions once you have lived here for a few years by when you may understand that living permanently in Spain is rather different to coming over for the odd holiday. Let's hope you will be so fluent in Spanish that you will appreciate quite how poor Spanish TV really is.

In the meantime maybe you should be less judgmental over how people choose to spend their time. If they want to watch UK television then so be it. End of!