Telephones

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Terryd1963
Andalucia.com Amigo

Telephones

Postby Terryd1963 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:32 am

I have a business in the U.K and I am moving to Spain, my question is can I disguise the foreign ring tone sound so that my customers do not know that I am in Spain? Sad I know but some customers may ring off if they hear that foreign ring tone. Just asking?

Terryd

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: Telephones

Postby Mowser » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:10 pm

They'll soon find out once they receive their phone bill. Phone ring sounds can be changed without any problem.
Dave

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:00 pm

They won't know by there phone bill because the person receiving the call pays the roaming charge. I don't think its possible to disguise the international ringtone.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Can't you get a UK phone number via Skype that you can use to phone out? I seem to remember a friend in France who did sales calls for a UK company set one up so it appeared that she was ringing from England and her family in the UK could use it to ring her and only pay local rates .... or something like that.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:24 pm

because the person receiving the call pays the roaming charge.
If I'm in the UK and phone Spain, it costs more than a local call. That was what I tried to say.

Regarding ring-tones, I have a cheap mobile and I can set it so that the caller hears a song and not a ring-tone. I have just tried it from my house phone. Then again, maybe that doesn't work if calling from the UK.
Dave

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:28 pm

costakid wrote:
They won't know by there phone bill because the person receiving the call pays the roaming charge
Don't roaming charges relate to mobile phones? The OP doesn't make it clear if he is referring to a mobile or land line. If the latter, then the standard European charges will apply from the UK.

Terryd1963
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Terryd1963 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:03 am

Thank you, I will explore the options.

Cheers Terryd

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:03 pm

I recommend skype unlimited Europe. It's not as cheap now as it was but once you subscribe they keep to the price you originally subscribed to and don't increase it. Mine is still 40 euros per year from 2007 when we first got one.
Now for new subscribers it's around 80 or so per annum and it gives you unlimited landline calls to European countries including Spain and UK and you can specify any European or UK number for your callers to call you on. Frustratingly or rather typically, Spain is the only country not issuing numbers to skype, but you can give it a UK number of your choice.
You'll need a special cordless phone that has a base station that plugs into your router. RTX do one and so do Philips. They can also be plugged into the normal landline so the phone can serve both. You don't need to have a computer just a router.
You'll have to search for it on the skype.com website, they hide it away behind the monthly packages, sometimes you have to contact customer support but it is there and worth looking at, and of course you can still use it for calling other skype customers free as well.