Filmon App - Samsung Smart TV

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Parilla
Resident

Filmon App - Samsung Smart TV

Postby Parilla » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:52 am

How can we put the Filmon app onto a Samsung Smart TV (bought in Spain), without changing to UK apps. We want to be able to use the Spanish apps already installed.

Parilla

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Filmon App - Samsung Smart TV

Postby Enrique » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:04 am

Hi Parilla,
I'm currently looking into this as have client that wants both UK and Spanish apps on Spanish bought TV.

Will post results when I get it sorted............. :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:10 am

You cannot just install an app unless it is one offered by Samsung and iI am not aware that they offer a Filmon app. If there is a browser option then you could run Filmon in that.

Sid

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:23 am

Thank you both.

Parilla

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:10 pm

I don't think that FilmOn offer an app for Samsung (or Sony for that matter) smart tv's. Their site refers to this as a future possibility. FilmOn's apps are currently limited to those for PC/Windows, Android, and iOS (Apple), and a bit vague about LInux devices.
Chris

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:26 pm

I can't imagine Samsung ever offering this kind of app. It would be absolutely pointless due to the TVs main function

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:59 pm

Which is precisely why the BBC iPlayer app on the TV doesn't offer live TV as an option which it does offer on the iPad.

Sid

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:32 pm

We have a Samsung Smart TV and can't download Filmon as an app so we go through the browser but have saved it to favourites which makes it easier..

LazyStu123

Postby LazyStu123 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:31 pm

I was looking for a solution and came across this forum, I have tried to use the FilmOn website via the smart TV web browser, however find it very difficult to navigate around.
Without any other answers here or elsewhere around the web, I decided to create my own site to be able easily access all the FilmOn channels using a point and click (remote control). It is still a beta site at the moment, but you are free to use it (http://www.stream43.com/).

The site is very much a personal/beta site at the moment and I earn no revenue from it, It is in a working state and I now have it booked marked as my homepage on my smart TV. Note you can use it without signing up, but if you sign up, it will automatically bring all your favourites to the top, as you use it.

voyseygw
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby voyseygw » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi,
There is an app for the iPad called Video & TV Cast for Samsung with a corresponding Samsung app this will allow you to use the iPad to navigate the web page of filmon and then display it on the TV.