Current ADSL speeds available in Frigiliana area

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
dingobingo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Current ADSL speeds available in Frigiliana area

Postby dingobingo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Hey folks,

I moved from Frigiliana in July and am moving back to the area in Jan. I was with BB4s before. They can't supply all properties due to capacity and line of sight requirements. What are the ADSL options currently? What companies and what speeds (down and up) are people seeing?

Thanks in advance.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: Current ADSL speeds available in Frigiliana area

Postby Mowser » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:34 am

I'm with Movistar Fusion. They say up to 10Mbs. Latest check this morning shows 8.68Mbs.
Current price in December is €42 per month including VAT. This includes line rental, free calls to Spanish landlines, WiFi router, free smartphone, 100 minutes per month free calls from smartphone, 500Mb navigation from smartphone.
Dave

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:08 pm

We are at the entrance to the village. In january movistar said we could only get upto three. friends further into the village get the same as mowser.we went with axartel same type of internet as BB4S. we get 6mb but you can pay for different speeds i think upto 10.they also provide a phone service aswell. with different options we get 500 mins to any spanish and euro landline and internet for 40 or so euros a month

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:34 pm

What are BB4S like these days? Their ads seem to imply faster speeds and no slowing you down after a daily dose of 1.5GB. How does it compare to a landline deal?

dingobingo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby dingobingo » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Hi,

thanks for the replies. Why you say entrance to the village do you mean near the first roundabout as coming from Nerja? I.e. Puerto Blanquillo? Or the entrance on the other side going up into the hills?

I was on the PB development and got about 8mb from BB4s most o the time. Sometimes though I couldn't stream SD TV from BBC or other sources. I was curious if there was a better ADSL option to BB4S?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Yeah puerto. on the left as you come in. think most here use either movistar or axartel as alot of the rents get recommended axartel. but they are having big problems at the mo. tbh id be intrested in hearing of other providers aswell