Problem with Technomate stb

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
kipperdog
Tourist

Problem with Technomate stb

Postby kipperdog » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:20 pm

New to the forum so Hi to everyone - also relatively inexperienced with satellite systems so hope someone can help me.
I had my system installed about 12 months ago (1.2M/80cm dishes and a Technomate-F3/5 set top box) and everything worked perfectly until the other day when the stb froze and I had to do a factory reset. I re-scanned the satellites and have restored all of the PPV channels like Sky etc mainly from the Astra2 satellite but cannot seem to find Freesat channels, BBC1, BBC2, ITV etc. I did some research and tried doing blind and advanced scans on the Intelsat 907 bird using frequency 11495 (V) and I still can't get the stb to find them (I do get 600+ other channels ok though. I also tried inputting the channel info manually but I get a 'no signal' box appear.
Hope someone can help as I am now pulling what little hair I have left out

Cheers

Chris

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Re: Problem with Technomate stb

Postby GerryinCajiz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:09 pm

kipperdog wrote:New to the forum so Hi to everyone -
Hope someone can help as I am now pulling what little hair I have left out

Cheers

Chris
Welcome to the forum. It would probably help the experts if they knew which Triana you were located in.
Gerry

kipperdog
Tourist

Postby kipperdog » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:32 pm

I live about 3 km from Triana near Velez Malaga

Chris

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
I'm a bit confused. Do you have a motorised dish or two dishes?
The reason I'm confused is that the Astra2 satellite and the Intelsat 907 satellite are in different locations, approximately 90 deg between them.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

kipperdog
Tourist

Postby kipperdog » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi Gerry, thanks for the reply.
I have two non-motorised dishes (a 1.2m and a 80cm) presumably to get the sky channels on one and freesat on the other?

Chris

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:53 pm

Sometimes if you inadvertently knock off the "BBC" software it needs a quick flash with the appropriate software. Same thing happened to my GI 2233HD and the dealer I bought it from in Estepona simply re-flashed it from a USB stick for me.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi Chris
I should have read your post properly, you do say "1.2M/80cm dishes " :oops: :oops:
The 1.2m is for Astra2 the 80Cm one for Intelsat 907.
Back to your question, I had once had the same problem of not being able to find BBC1 etc.
I tried variuos ways of scanning and , I think, on one of the screens I pressed F1 to set the feed channel scan off and then it found the BBC1 etc channels.
Sorry I can't remember exactly what I did I know it took me a while to get the correct combinations of options.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:39 pm

I think those of us on this forum who have a Technomate have a TM5402 but I assume your F3/5 works in roughly the same way. I am trying to remember if a factory reset takes out the Phantompatch. You may need to reinstall it.

Have a read through this section of the Technomate Satellite Discussion forum. Someone there may be able to help you and it also has links to the Phantompatch:

http://www.technomate-community-forum.c ... -5-hd.131/

If you do need to reinstall the Phantompatch you can download the latest one (1/11/2016) from here:

http://downloadtmsw.com/bbs/list.php?board=tmf35hd

My 5402 has frozen on a couple of occasions but I have found that just switching it off with the power switch at the back then switching it back on solves the problem. The only thing I have to reset is the time and date.

I would suggest that, once you are up and running again, you back up the working O/S onto a pen drive along with the channel set up then, if you need to carry out a factory reset, you can just reinstall both.
Let's go Brandon!

kipperdog
Tourist

Postby kipperdog » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:21 pm

Thanks for the replies
Tried flashing the latest patch but still no joy. Someone mentioned on Facebook that the STB needs to be registered to receive freesat channels, has anyone heard of this?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:17 pm

Not sure what you mean by 'Freesat'. I just use mine for ITV, BBC etc from Intelsat 907. I didn't have to register the box with anyone.
Let's go Brandon!

kipperdog
Tourist

Postby kipperdog » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Yes that's what I meant by freesat, BBC1 et al. I have finally been able to contact the installers who said they will fix the problem if I take the stb to them. I will report back on what they do. It seems the moral is, don't do a factory reset

kipperdog
Tourist

Postby kipperdog » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Thanks for all of your help with this problem. Got it sorted this week, I took it to the installers who said some software was removed by the factory reset. they wouldn't say what the software was but reloaded it from a USB stick. When I plugged the box in, all of the missing channels were there without the need to scan the sats. I am thinking they may have had a backup so I will be following the advice you posted

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:51 pm

Exactly what happened to me as I said. When I lost my channels earlier this year it was because I had been "having a fiddle" and stupidly lost all the channels. My supplier told me there was no way that I could restore them myself and they flashed them back from a usb adding channel 5 at the same time.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:14 pm

I think the installers like to maintain an aura of mystery around the reception of Intelsat 907.

I repositioned my dish, bought my Technomate from Amazon, installed the Phantompatch and scanned for the BISS encrypted channels without any input whatsoever from a ladder monkey. The only outlay was that of the receiver.
Let's go Brandon!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:09 pm

Beachcomber wrote:I think the installers like to maintain an aura of mystery around the reception of Intelsat 907.
No it's a case of they want to screw Joe public for more money at any and every opportunity. :thumbdown:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:14 pm

I didn't like to say that! :lolno:
Let's go Brandon!

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:30 pm

Well I have to say there has been no extra outlay for me apart from the original install which including the box and realignment was 175 euros all in which I felt was reasonable? My problem with the reprogramming was handled free of charge by my local supplier.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:52 pm

You were lucky with your supplier, he is obviously one of the good guys.
Regrettably they aren't all like that.
I am aware of some suppliers who charge about €40 to update the BISS codes.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Nope it's been a while since they changed as you know but he always supplied his clients with the codes f.o.c. when needed and indeed would input them for his technophobic clients if they took the box to his shop again f.o.c.
Then again he gets a lot of business by good reputation here.

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:51 am

gerryh wrote:You were lucky with your supplier, he is obviously one of the good guys.
Regrettably they aren't all like that.
I am aware of some suppliers who charge about €40 to update the BISS codes.
Cheers
Gerry
Sound likes "Money for nothing" couple of minutes to flash the patch :)
Like Beachcomber I bought the Technomate 5402 M3 from amazon, downloaded the patch from Technomate community and re-pointing the dish with dishpointer.com! Easy as pie :D