IPTV

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

IPTV

Postby bbobandannie » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:47 am

Currently using a Mag256 box to stream IPTV but the provider I am using doesn't seem to be managing the servers very well, BBC1 lost for a few days now. Does anyone have any recommendations for a well managed IPTV provider. I realise there are grey areas re the legality of these providers and I have no idea of how they work. I am simply asking whether anyone has used a stable site with good support. Thanks in advance folks.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Re: IPTV

Postby firsttango » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:21 pm

Who is your ISP and what speeds do you get ?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Go down the legal route and get a Now TV box. Extremely cheap with the capacity to install Filmon. It's also possible to subscribe to Sky.
For me it's a no brainer and no dealing with fly by nights.

Other options are Amazon Fire TV,or a Samsung Smart TV or Blu-ray player .

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:10 pm

Firsttango, I am on 3g unlimited with movistar and I average 7-12meg.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:43 pm

Well with that speed you should definitely look at what MarkW suggests in regards to the NOWTV box with Filmon sideloaded......the box is available in the U.K from around 15 pounds (they do box plus various packages for more) take a look a thttp://www.nowtv.com/about

This is a great solution for little money the only monthly outlay is for a Smart DNS changer of which there are several, I use Smarty https://www.smartydns.com/ 6 MONTHS subscription around 20€

If you get box with no Sky packages you will get BBC Iplayer -ITV Hub - Demand 5 - ALL4- Youtube plus more for free. Box delivers great quality and a exceptionally reliable service.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:15 pm

I love the reference to the "legal route".
Is it not the case that the use of a Smart DNS changer is actually providing " illegal" access to BBC ?

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:27 pm

Smart DNS changers are totally legal, what the individual user accesses is up to them.....

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:15 pm

Ok....but access to BBC iPlayer is illegal without a tv licence???

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:04 am

Not if you are over 75!

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:46 am

Access to the vast majority of BBC Television broadcasts is illegal without a license ie BBC1 BBC2 Etc, thats nothing new. I would hazard a wild guess that having a license in the u.k means nada if you are watching in Spain. Fail to see your point.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:27 am

Its all illegal but so is doing 35 mph in a 30 but I bet you have done that Gus.

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:41 am

firsttango wrote:Access to the vast majority of BBC Television broadcasts is illegal without a license ie BBC1 BBC2 Etc, thats nothing new. I would hazard a wild guess that having a license in the u.k means nada if you are watching in Spain. Fail to see your point.
Access to the vast majority of BBC Television broadcasts is illegal without a license... if you are living in the UK.
If you are watching one countries TV broadcasts in another country via satellite or aerial (which are not able to be geoblocked like internet), you must abide by the TV licencing rules of that country.
Spain has no TV licencing scheme.

However, iPlayer is slightly different as it is geoblocked and designed for uk users only.
And is a bit easier for them to control access from areas not suppose to access it.
And as part of the T&Cs of use (and now law), you must have a UK licence to use (unless over 75).
But as you are not meant to be able to access it outside the UK (but we know you can via vpns and dns), and cannot get a UK TV Licence if you do live outside the UK, then yes, in it is against the T&Cs and now the law to watch iPlayer without a license.

But not ITVHub, All4, Demand Five, which is just a breach of T&Cs and was not included in the recent law change that only affected iPlayer
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:06 pm

El Cid wrote:Not if you are over 75!
Not quite true, you still have to obtain an over 75 licence but it is free of cost.
Gerry

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:49 pm

now tv box is avaliable on shopto for 10,85 delivered to the uk for free.

ive got a cs918 from china for 12€ .... including delivery to spain
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:05 pm

spanish_lad wrote:
Could you please post the link to where this is available at this price....thanks

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:16 pm

I've always felt that that these companies that sell on TV products that don't belong to them are not safe. You are really dealing with crooks and although there are some who just do it as a hobby, there are many looking to earn a fast buck and not in It for the long term.
Personally for me, it's more about the gadget than actually watching TV so I will try everything but in the end there is only so much time to actually sit down and watch stuff.

This is why I think the NOW TV is the best cost effective option for iP TV. There are others which might offer better results but at a cost. For example, a Samsung smart TV which is what I use most of the time these days.

You pay a very low upfront fee and because there is no contract, it's possible to stop paying SKY, if you do, and your Smart DNS server if things go belly up

This is an interesting article from Kodi regarding piracy.
https://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-sellers- ... ng-kodi/up.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:14 pm

firsttango wrote:
spanish_lad wrote:
Could you please post the link to where this is available at this price....thanks

aliexpress.com banggood.com ... they range in price from 12€ to about 60€ depending whats preloaded / how quick you want it etc. i think i paid 23€ for the one i installed at mums house, and they have been using it for a couple of years now without hick-up.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.