temporary internet uk

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
pilgrim2
Resident

temporary internet uk

Postby pilgrim2 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:01 pm

My elderly mum who lives in the UK loves to look at the family photos on face book when younger relatives visit. I am looking at buying her a tab and some kind of temporary access to the internet to see how she gets on. I am sure there must be a simple solution. Any suggestions or recommendations would be great.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: temporary internet uk

Postby costakid » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Buy her a dongle with set amount of spend per month. The only thing to remember will be to make sure the tablet has a USB port to plug the dongle into.
Another way would be if a family member has BT internet and register her for BT Fon on there account. She can then access hotspots including neighbours wifi.

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 pm

Thank you Costakid

Terry Tibbs
Resident

Postby Terry Tibbs » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:25 am

Or if the tablet you end up with doesn't have a USB port and BT Fon is not an option, something like this would probably do the trick:

EE 4GEE Mini Pay As You Go Mobile WiFi: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/phones-bro ... 4-pdt.html

The upfront cost is ₤49 but that does include a month of prepaid data usage.

Other network providers and retail outlets are available of course and you'd be advised to check network coverage for the area.