Nest thermostat

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Nest thermostat

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm been thinking about getting one for a while now but what has put me off until now is the lack of support in Spain and the fact I didn't fancy installing it myself.

Today however, I walked into El Corte Ingles and saw that they have started selling them so I thought I'll finally be able to buy one. The only problem being the staff there kept telling me that I could quite easily do it myself and didn't offer any help with installers. I have watched YouTube videos and definitely don't fancy playing around with the electrics in my Boiler as It isn't the same as changing the thermostat I have in my living room which I found was straight forward.

When I got home I checked online and discovered that the official installers for Spain are Baxi also known as Roca so I gave them a call and they explained I could buy it from them and that they would install it as well.

I was wondering if anybody on the forum has one and if they think it's been worthwhile getting one?
Last edited by markwilding on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Nest thermostat

Postby El Cid » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:10 pm

Centre ntral heating systems are pretty rare down here so it is unlikely to be too relevant. I have underfloor heating but that has 10 separate thermostats so the Nest is not an option.

Sid

Superplonk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Nest thermostat

Postby Superplonk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:55 am

I'm not quite sure what they are actually for. All the blurb I've read seems to be about Californians who like to leave the aircon on for their cat while they are at work. Do they serve any great purpose while there are people at home?