Problem Phone via Satellite Quantis/Tooway

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Gasman
Resident

Problem Phone via Satellite Quantis/Tooway

Postby Gasman » Wed May 24, 2017 11:30 am

I wonder if anyone else is having problems with their Satellite phone - we have been with Quantis for several years and a few months ago upgraded to their new connections via Twoway equipment. All has been well with both internet and the VP phone which we use for international calls ... until last Monday that is - the weekend of the Hacking of Telefonica et al.

Since then we have been told by the Quantis people (phoned via our mobile phones ...) that it is a generalised problem, but only with the voice facility (Internet is still fine), and that it will be fixed soon. It is becoming apparent that they really don't know WHAT the problem is, or they are not admitting to what has caused it, nor how long it is going to take to get the line back. Amazingly they have actually got through on the problem phone, :thumbup: a technician late yesterday evening, and a lady this morning - all in too rapid spanish for me to follow well, but seemingly thinking it was now fixed ....
NO - not fixed, :thumbdown: still the same, and phoning yet again on my mobile this morning, I am told that it is affecting random calls - we MAY be able to receive some calls, but not others. :crazy: No answer however on why we cannot MAKE any calls. We just get an "occupied" signal on any calls we try to make. :evil:

Anyone else got problems?
:crazy:

Gasman
Resident

Re: Problem Phone via Satellite Quantis/Tooway

Postby Gasman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Well - just to let you know - it took until this Tuesday when we phoned yet again with the mobile phone to ask what was going on - cheerful chappie proceded to re-route the phone via the router, as they had had to change server ... I think it was something to do with the Telefonica hack, but noone is admitting anything - just a generalised problem.
I do wonder if we had not kept badgering them, how long it would have taken for the re-routing to be done!
Not impressed! but out in the campo you take what you can get.