NO IPTV from 1st July

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Paulinmalaga
Resident

Re: NO IPTV from 1st July

Postby Paulinmalaga » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:13 pm

northandsouth wrote:Luck?
No luck involved. It was installed by Orbit in Estepona, and sold on that basis. Always worked and others who have it use it too. No matter in what combo the recordings are done it works.
Agree I think you are totally correct, the polarity issue should not come into it whatsoever as all the UK Channels on Intelsat 907 are exactly the same Polarity - VERTICAL
Last edited by Paulinmalaga on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I So Bella tis you

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:15 pm

AkoAko wrote:You need at least 2 receivers because each receiver can only use either Vertical or Horizontal polerisation , some channels are Vertical and some Horizontal which is why ElSids said " You can only record one channel and watch another if you choose exactly the right combination of channels " was noticeable to us when we used a Humax box until we made inquiries from the company .

I recal that when manually entering channels into the old SKY box one of the fields were polymerization , V or H .
As stated above all U.K Channels on Intelsat 907 are VERTICAL in Polarity
I So Bella tis you

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:02 pm

I actually have a slightly different setup which probably explains why I cannot always watch one channel and record another. My GI box is also set up to receive all the Astra channels and it seems that is where the problem is. For example, I cannot record an Astra channel and watch an i907 channel at the same time.

Sid

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:28 pm

I recall its not so much the channels but the transponders that have the polarization issue as transponders often carry more then one channel , can in fact be quite a lot so it is ht and miss when your equipment has a single receiver built in which combination of channels you can watch/record at the same time .

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:40 pm

AkoAko wrote:You need at least 2 receivers because each receiver can only use either Vertical or Horizontal polerisation , some channels are Vertical and some Horizontal which is why ElSids said " You can only record one channel and watch another if you choose exactly the right combination of channels " was noticeable to us when we used a Humax box until we made inquiries from the company .

I recal that when manually entering channels into the old SKY box one of the fields were polymerization , V or H .
It works

Hope this video shows it OK. My brother is in my house in Spain and uploaded this.

https://goo.gl/photos/1iriDWRaCXsyVwiDA

Evaready
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evaready » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Thanks for your input Gerry- I shall have to investigate Intelsat 907 if the IPTV goes (what size dish does it require- or maybe it doesn't?). I have tried changing the DNS on my TP Link router in which I use a Movistar sim card, but it is completely greyed out, so that is not possible.

Patricia, unfortunately they no longer make the Devolo powerline that I had and the new ones seems set up to take the DNS from the router (satellite one in our case) and will not take a different DNS.

Thanks for all your suggestions- do keep them coming.

Evaready

Evaready
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evaready » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Sorry, when I said Patricia I meant Paul! Oops

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:11 pm

Evaready wrote:....what size dish does it require.... .
Evaready
I used my old "Sky" dish but smaller dishes are OK, just saved having to buy a new dish.
Evaready wrote:. ..set up to take the DNS from the router (satellite one in our case
Evaready
Correct the DNS is set by the Tooway router doing port highjacking.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

wembason420
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wembason420 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:05 am

My TP Link AC750 WiFi Range Extender allows you to change its DNS settings, however never tried it in your particular scenario and personal set up.
Last edited by wembason420 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:55 am

A range extender is different to the Powerline WiFi senders. They are linked directly to the router via the house wiring so they do not have their own DNS settings. A range extender picks up the WiFi signal and rebroadcasts it. It's more like a second router and as a result, you may be able to change the DNS settings.

Sid

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:44 pm

well I can truely boast recording two channels to the hard drive AND Watch one from Hard drive .... Its what it says on the front of the Technomate TM-6401-HD M3CI super + Box...

it Didn't to start with ... but the Technomate Service team sorted it about 2 years ago ... and no ...its too far back to remember !

Did I read back in the rest of the Thread that someone has installed UKTVNOW on a smart TV .... or was it an Android TV box for a TV ... Subtle Difference there