NO IPTV from 1st July

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Trooperman
Resident

NO IPTV from 1st July

Postby Trooperman » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:52 am

Used to get UK TV via my MAG 254 box and via a company called Hablaya.es who added it as an option to their phone service. They seem to have sold out to Eurona who have now announced that the service will cease from 1st July. There was also a company called FORTEC somewhere in the loop as well!

For the technical minded (Not me!), it seems the URL used was pool.ntp.org and the portal uktv.club

Can I ask what other TV suppliers the forum members use (if you go down the same route) and if they're good, bad, or indifferent?

I kindof know it's illegal, but I've just watched a cracker of a game between the Lions and Maori All Blacks! :thumbup:
nil illegitimum carborundum

fyfin
Resident

Re: NO IPTV from 1st July

Postby fyfin » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:28 pm

I watch iptv via my smart tv. There's an app called smart iptv which was on the tv already but to activate it you had to go to a site www.siptv.eu and pay €5.49 but it's a one off fee. You need the mac address of the tv which shows up when you click on the app. It's in a format of 6 sets of 2 characters separated by a colon e.g. 00:aa:b:cc:dd:11 .
You then need to find a provider who sets up what is called a playlist and I pay €100 per annum for all the UK Sports (incl Sky, BT and Eurosport), Sky Movies etc, BBC, ITV etc, and loads of foreign sports channels. So far it's been working fairly well e.g. I'm now watching tennis on BT Sports 1 HD. Excellent picture. Here's the detail but I'm sure there are other do the same. If you haven't a smart tv then a mag 254 box could be used.
You can see this system at the market every Saturday or for more info and to reserve yours now call Gary on 603169666
UK TV SOLUTIONS
Best Price-best advice
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:10 pm

We have the Smart tv app on our TV and it works well , we pay 30 a year now which is about average for a TV list update to Smart TV or our Openbox . A TV list can be added to a lot of devices either automatically by connecting to the sellers server or manually via UBS stick when Chanel lists change . Below is a list of the equipment that our supplier sent , i would imagine all re sellers can do the same . The guy we use supplied a code for our Openbox for the last 3 years and we find him extremely reliable , box cost 30 quid and GIFT ( code ) cost 12 quid a year so was cheap UK tv for us and friends , unfortunately that method is no longer available , have to say these methods are Pirated and not legal but safe for the end user .

smart tv LG, samsung, receiver openbox, skybox v6,v7,v8, v9
enigma2 like v+ vuduo, dreambox......
android box or phone, tablet
mag device ....
kodi xbmc

If anyone wants to try setting up by the manual method for free then can google UK TV LISTS , TV LISTS or M3U LISTS and HOW TO ADD M3U LIST TO WHATEVER YOUR EQUIPMENT IS , many TV lists are out of date and many if not all the channels are no longer working . If you install VLC player then you can test before adding to your equipment as it will play from a list as long as the file name is changed to " webtv " , once changed the icon will change to the VLC traffic cone the file type will be m3u for anyone interested .
Last edited by AkoAko on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:25 pm

So do you get loads of channels for 30 euros. I thought 100 euros was a good price for IPTV as I've seen it as high as 30 euros per month. We're not too far from Arboleas ourselves.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Get everything you do probably , played it on VLC player and i think there was around 150 channels and around 30 to 35 sports channels , all the sky movies and everything our friends in the UK get on the full sky package , no idea where my lists come from originally but its a UK one , there are lists available for loads of countries , some say they contain as many as 3000 channels , from what i understand each channel name is linked to a particular web address or server .

A search of Ebay wil show dozens on sellers but some are not good and you could find your switched off after a few months , just luck of the draw finding a good one , have a lot of friends around that used Openbox for years and bought boxes of Amazon for about 30 to 35 quid like me and the GIFT ( code ) from Ebay sellers , most codes ( they were called cccam )were ok but some had to go back and find another seller after a few months .I found mine on Ebay also and was fortunate , might not have been , think my seller is in it for the long haul with replete sale, some just for a quick buck .

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Yeah, I know the guy who sold me the package so I don't expect a problem and if there is he fixes it with a phone call or message. I get the channels in HD although I don't see a lot of difference, probably because the eyesight isn't good enough. lol

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Yea , HD channels are always standard when available both with the previous method and with the latest way of getting UK TV , dont see a lot of difference myself either , think if you start off with with a good quality TV and picture there isnt a lot to see , tried switching between HD and normal and have to look at menu to see what it is thats how fine the difference is to me .

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:01 pm

It's likely that most of these illegal TV streams will be closed down soon due to changes in the law which now affects Spain. The streams that rely on card sharing Sky systems have already been closed down by Sky as a result of modifying their encryption methods.

Enjoy it while can because it isn't going to be so easy for much longer, especially when they start prosecuting the users as well as the suppliers.

Sid

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:24 pm

I agree , just a matter of time , no great loss for many cost wise just as long as you haven't forked out a small fortune for equipment , at least the card sharing didn't cost much to set up and run .

Read or heard somewhere that there are changes happening end of the year , possibly due to the licence to broadcast no longer being limited to the UK , whatever it was it looked like more changes due , would be nice if some worked for us here in Spain though .

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:54 am

due to changes in the law which now affects Spain.
Can you expand on that please, Sid?
especially when they start prosecuting the users
....again, any more info on that one, Sid? Seems a bit "Brave New World-ish" that one!

Just need to make a judgement on what I might be getting in to!
nil illegitimum carborundum

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:27 am

Googled it now and seems its not of any real benefit to us here with regard to receiving UK channels , more use to those that subscribe to Netflix etc and doing away with geo blocking plus stopping countries from blocking broadcasts from other countries .

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Trooperman wrote:
due to changes in the law which now affects Spain.
Can you expand on that please, Sid?
especially when they start prosecuting the users
....again, any more info on that one, Sid?
The ECJ recently ruled that streaming of copyright material is illegal. Previously it was considered that downloading was illegal, but streaming was not.

It's the sellers of the Kodi "fully loaded" boxes which will be the first in the firing line, but now, the end-users who stream copyright material are also deemed to be acting illegally. Whether that is likely to be enforced is unlikely as it would be too time consuming.

Certainly, any of these companies charging for access to TV and films are clearly acting illegally.

Lots of stuff in the press. Here is just one example

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/sci ... -Court-Ban

Sid

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:19 pm

What flabbergasts me is that anyone is actually paying anything at all to these obviously dodgy companies/individuals to get highly inferior illegal streams of UK TV channels
I So Bella tis you

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Does any of this affect FilmOn please. [Cant do a question mark just now]

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Possibly. They have been in the US courts for copyright infringement for years.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/FilmOn

Now that the ECJ has ruled on the issue they could well be in trouble in Europe.

Sid

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:33 pm

In answer to Trooperman I have the same situation to you, Hablaya are pulling the plug 1st July but I have been on to Fortec who is my provider and they do the same set up for 25€ a month I was paying 10 to Hablaya.

I'm on the premier package.
http://uktvinspain.uktvbox.net/

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Was just having a coffee at a local bar and couldn't help but overhear a conversation at the next table (the chap spoke like Brian Blessed with Geordie Accent), he was telling 2 couples (new to living here) that all IPTV Streams were being shut down on July 1st and that any android boxes with Kodi installed were going to be blocked here in Spain but he could solve all their problems with a NOWTV Box for a bargain one off payment of €250 Euros and he'd install it for 99€ but not to tell anyone as it was hush hush......at this point I became concerned for my own well being as I was choking on my sandwich mixte.

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Paulinmalaga wrote:What flabbergasts me is that anyone is actually paying anything at all to these obviously dodgy companies/individuals to get highly inferior illegal streams of UK TV channels
Well you can say that of course, but the streams I have are in the main 1080p HD and many are even UHD now. I use it on a smart iptv app on my Samsung, it also runs on Mag250 etc. Picture and sound quality are stunning. I paid 55 euros last September for a years sub. Every once in a while the channels and layout get updated. Illegal, possibly, but for a euro a week "shock horror!!" it was worth a punt. Now if you're paying 25 30 or more per month that's another story of course.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:26 pm

"Illegal possibly" :lol: So would you care to enlighten on the App that you pay €55 per annum to get these UHD Streams??
I was commenting on the OP's who were being charged/quoted 25€ per Month to get streams of U.K TV and yes from what I've seen on peoples Mag 250 boxes the quality is awful and a great many use Ukraine based servers reselling Free to air content as well as pirated Sky stuff in their bundles.
I So Bella tis you

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:08 pm

Thought it best to send you a pm Paul.