All 4

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
suzyq
Andalucia.com Amigo

All 4

Postby suzyq » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:51 pm

Hi , I watch tv via now tv or Amazon fire stick. I have recently been unable to access all 4 - a message is displayed that content cannot be accessed in my current location. I use smart dns and have no problem with sky entertainment and the other catch up players on the now tv , The fire stick Amazon prime recognises a geographical issue and will only allow limited access for some programmes specially available to watch overseas. Any ideas about the All 4 issue ?

northandsouth
Resident

Re: All 4

Postby northandsouth » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:56 am

Who is your smart dns provider? Have you raised a ticket with them?

I did have a similar issue last year with the 4 stuff on my fire tv box using smarty dns and their reply was that they didn't unlock 4 on amazon fire tv. Strangely since then I've had no problems. I'm in the UK now but my wife in Estepona just tried the amazon box last night and it was fine.

suzyq
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby suzyq » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:44 am

I use smart dns. I have not raised a ticket with them but will do thanks.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:19 am

Is the stick jailbroken or original? All sorts of problems with jailbroken using kodi

suzyq
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby suzyq » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:53 pm

Sorted. Contacted smart dns and after a few hiccups everything sorted. Now tv was off for about an hour then all ok. Fire stick and now tv box originals purchased / and registered in uk . Thanks.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:35 pm

How does a fire stick work!
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:03 pm

Basically it's a small scaled down slower version of the Amazon Fire TV box, that plugs direct into an HDMI socket.
Runs all the UK catch ups and loads of other apps, including of course amazon's own stuff including prime video.
Needs vpn or smart dns.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:12 am

I had the same problem of not being to watch the All 4 channels. I am using SmartyDNS and raised a ticket asking about this, I was very surprised to get the following response from them in about ten minutes.

Hi,
please change the time zone of your device to London. Let us know about the results.

Best regards,
SmartyDNS

I am using a Windows 10 laptop and changed the time zone to London.

It worked a treat!I now have no problems getting All 4 channels Live and Catch up.