Netflix 1 month free trial

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
telboy
Resident

Netflix 1 month free trial

Postby telboy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Is it possible to get a 1 month free trial per device :?:
At the moment watching Netflix via the app on my Apple TV box, trial due to end soon so will cancel. So next can I get my next months free trial via my Smart TV :?:

terry

northandsouth
Resident

Re: Netflix 1 month free trial

Postby northandsouth » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:00 am

Free trial is linked to your e mail address credit/debit card / IP address.

This is an excerpt from Quora, theoretically you could multiple free trial but you run a risk of being blocked:- :thumbdown:

They will use a combination of things to determine if you have already had a free trial.

Foremost in this is your name, other personal details, email address and card details, and device IDs but this can also be linked to your IP address as a final check.

They do indeed associate your account with IP addresses and also individual device IDs are registered too.

The IP address on its own is not good for determining if you have had a free trial since you may use your Netflix account on the move. However, it is entirely feasible they can determine a regularly used IP address although an IP address being used before would not itself be a block to a new free trial account- if however an IP address, device ID and your credit card name matched those associated with a previous free trial account, then that could trigger an application rejection, even if you used a different email address and card number.

The IP address and your location at time of use is used to determine the country package you are entitled to view. I see different TV programs and movies on offer in the US compared to Germany, France and the UK, when I use Netflix whilst traveling on business.