Problem with mobile internet - SOLVED Samsung J5

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
fyfin
Resident

Problem with mobile internet - SOLVED Samsung J5

Postby fyfin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:36 am

I bought my wife the same phone as mine from the same place albeit a few months later, a Samsung J5. I was very pleased with the phone so thought I would treat her to a new one (she protested that she didn't need one lol).

Anyway, everything worked well until we tried to use mobile internet on Hits. I set the apn correctly and mobile internet and roaming both on etc. But, it simply wouldn't connect. Tried resetting to factory setting, took out the sim card and put it back in, scoured the forums all to no avail. Hits sent the new settings but made absolutely no difference. Samsung couldn't explain it either.
There had to be something different I knew but I couldn't think what it could be so the other night in desperation I thought I would go look at every setting (slightly different as a different android version).

LO and behold I discovered that "Do not disturb", which I didn't even know existed, was "ON" on my wife's phone. It had defaulted to ON although it didn't seem to be affecting calls, texts, or wifi internet. Anyway, as soon as we switched it off Hallelujah mobile internet was working.

So it begs the question , why on earth would it default to ON and why do you need it in the first place with air-plane mode, meeting mode, silent mode etc.

Anyway, I can rest easy now but you never know if anyone else has the same phpne with the same problem, this might stop them tearing their hair out. Too late for me! lol
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it