Can't move apps to memory card

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
fyfin
Resident

Can't move apps to memory card

Postby fyfin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Having solved on e problem on our more or less identical Samsung J5 mobiles, I am now faced with another one.

On my wife's phone there is no option to move apps to the 8gB memory card whereas I have no problem moving them (only some of course) to my 32gB memory card. The phone recognises there is a memory card there because it puts any photos etc there automatically but the option doesn't appear for moving apps.

I downloaded an app moving app and it more or less said there is nothing to move as the OS is on the sd card but it's obviously not on the external sd card.

Maybe I'll try another memory card but if anyone has any ideas please post them here.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

northandsouth
Resident

Re: Can't move apps to memory card

Postby northandsouth » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Bit of an inexact science. Some android phones won't let you move apps over to SD, some will, and those that will won't unless it's the right sort of formatted SD. I know in the old days I tried, and gave up, with a Samsung S3. I will try with my current phone LG G4, and see if I have any joy. There is a raft of info on google of course.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:39 pm

I really must get another sd card as one thing I noticed is that my wife's is 8gB the same as the phone memory and maybe there's confusion. If I solve it I will definitely put it on here.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Why not swap the SD cards between the phones and see what happens regarding ability to move apps?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris