BBC iPlayer on LG Smart TV

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Re: BBC iPlayer on LG Smart TV

Postby firsttango » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:26 pm

northandsouth wrote:Absolutely agree. Smart dns whether smarty or others does not throttle.
Check out my @Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/3073937883
Way faster than yours :lol:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:41 pm

What is Beta ... the website seems to be different to before and my server was shown as Barcelona!

If I am getting over 4mbps then that is a very good day for me although Ping is high. It has been down to less than 1mbps at times.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:49 pm

There is your problem with buffering Wicksey I'm afraid. That PING reading is awfully high..... mine is usually 12ms never above 25. Have a read of the below, may help
http://www.trustedreviews.com/how-to/ho ... ng-2945551

I use the Movistar Speedtest as i find it more accurate in repeated tests...see what results you get and if and how they differ

https://www.movistar.es/particulares/test-de-velocidad/

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:16 pm

Upload and download was much the same but ping down to 78ms using that link firsttango. I find that the Ping does vary a lot when I have done repeat tests.

Re the other link about reducing it, I am already using a cable as I am on my old PC which is not wifi. I have recently bought a new and better router as well. I am on a wireless connection from the Costa up to an aerial on my roof which is then cabled into the house and into the router, and with limited choice of ISP I am a bit stuck. Thankfully I don't use the catch-up a lot but it has been quite useful to just find something when there's nothing else on the live TV we usually watch.

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:17 pm

firsttango wrote:
northandsouth wrote:Absolutely agree. Smart dns whether smarty or others does not throttle.
Check out my @Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/3073937883
Way faster than yours :lol:

Yay, you did :thumbup: :clap: :clap: .
Must say that was with my mobile and I have never got anywhere over 280 with it depending on where in the house I am. With the laptop etc pretty much like yours, but hey we're living the dream :lol:

In my soon to be permanent new home in the Cotswolds I'll be back down to a maximum of 76mb/s :thumbdown:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:30 pm

76 in the Cotswolds.....you'll be lucky...very lucky lol......but Cotswolds area lovely, have family there, lived there myself for many a year. Where you going to be??

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Winchcombe near the castle. Fibre is there!! We have already had it installed by talk talk a couple of weeks ago it runs around 80 to be fair so enough for what we will need and I'll be back on the old humax too. Talk talk also offered me a tv box with sky sports inclusive with the deal at £28.65 a month including line rental blah de blah so I've got all I need.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:43 pm

Hah small world daughter and son in law are Cheltenham. They have similar to what you have, he says he can get those kind of speeds at 3.00 a.m but at peak evening times lucky to get 15......but I just love winding him up by every now by & then sending him a speed test graphic from here as often its 305 both up and down....strangely I always receive a One Fingered salute in response. :lol: