I need a Spanish phone no. - Best value PAYG SIM card to use (possibly HITS) ?

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Espana101
Andalucia.com Amigo

I need a Spanish phone no. - Best value PAYG SIM card to use (possibly HITS) ?

Postby Espana101 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:31 pm

With free EU roaming, a Spanish SIM card is no longer a necessity for calls / data, as my UK SIM provides all that I need when in Spain.

However, I am trying to register on various Spanish websites which require a Spanish phone number. The obvious solution seems to be to get a local PAYG SIM that requires only infrequent top-ups; or even better making the odd call or sending a text, to keep it alive.

Since posting, I have come across references to the HITS SIM card, which may be what I am looking for as they seem to have the option of paying a modest annual fee to prevent disconnection. However, I would still be grateful for any other suggestions !

Are the HITS SIMS available in-store anywhere ? I only ask as their website does not seem to contemplate the possibility of delivery to Spain, but using a card with an overseas billing address.

truebrit
Resident

Re: I need a Spanish phone no. - Best value PAYG SIM card to use (possibly HITS) ?

Postby truebrit » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:27 pm

7 months ago I succumbed and bought a mobile phone. I knew that it wouldnt be used much so went to Telitec and Hits mobile. I also set up Automatic top up from my bank and pay three euros to ensure I dont loose my number and my credit doesnt just disappear. In 7 months I have used ut once and everything is in place as promised by them . Customer [email protected].

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: I need a Spanish phone no. - Best value PAYG SIM card to use (possibly HITS) ?

Postby elusive » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:45 pm

You can buy hits sim cards in phone shops. We use hits sim and contract no real issues

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:23 pm

We are on Vodaphone ES. Top up twice a year to keep your PAYG number.

CapnBilly
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby CapnBilly » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:28 pm

My wife has a Hits sim in her phone, which she rarely uses, so rather than pay €5 twice a year to top up I pay the €3 to keep it alive. Just renewed for a further year.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:44 pm

Hits is ok but they say you can phone friends on Hits for free , its actually not free theres a connection charge and limit of 5 minutes , they also charge the connection fee to phone customer services and can be very expensive if you want an English speaker as friends found they were often cut off before one became available and could involve several calls .

There is also no option available on their website to check your call charges , this option has been removed and you just have to trust your not being charged for something you shouldn't have been .

I kept mine as i dont make many calls and im limited to the Vodafone network at home , its the only signal around but all our friends who did once have it have changed over to to other companies now so the call friends for free is no longer of use to me even if i was free . Hits were one of the cheapest about 3 or 4 years ago but there are many more cheaper suppliers around now .