Satellite WiFi providers ?

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Satellite WiFi providers ?

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:49 am

30 is their guaranteed speed which I find is often exceeded. In my post I said "can be reached". Unlike most suppliers they quote the minimum speed rather than an inflated rarely obtainable figure. The upload averages at about 5 on a long speedtest but the first few MB go up at about 10. Most uploads are short duration, such as a photo upload.

Sid

wembason420
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wembason420 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:58 am

Thank you, my mistake, my Spanish is not that great and I only saw the bit where they "Guarantee 50% of quoted speed". But anything around a steady reliable 25 and 5 is fine for me

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:24 pm

" believe that location is somewhere in the sea near Barrow in Furness. So not likely to get many undesirable visitors "
In the hills behind Algarrobo methinks.....we have friends with a country plot up there, and one of the reasons they bought it was to get away from mobiles and other electronic communication. The only way would be satellite, with all the snags and costs.
Someone did not make out a checklist before they decided to buy......
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:33 pm

peteroldracer wrote:" believe that location is somewhere in the sea near Barrow in Furness. So not likely to get many undesirable visitors "
Not sure how my cut and pasted coordinates ended up showing where they did show for me on Google maps. :think:
Can't check it again as the OP has sensibly removed the coordinates from his post. :thumbup:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi gerryh,
I have looked at that post and the only wimax provider it mentions is mainly based in the Granada area and does not cover the Riogordo /Comares area.

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Have you looked at RioSat.com?

Just seen your same question on the next topic! :crazy:
Gerry