Buying Online Factory Direct to Spain

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
john the baptist
Resident

Buying Online Factory Direct to Spain

Postby john the baptist » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi Has anyone had any experience of buying items online from the far east (ie probably china) Factory direct have had it delivered to their home in Andalusia.

Im looking at electric scooters, hoverboards and pitbikes directly from the manufacturer and have it sent to us here. I wanted to know if anyone knows how it works with regards to IVA (VAT), Purchase tax, customs tax and any other red tape issues.

Does anyone know what the max value of an item will be not to attract heavy expensive additional costs??? also Im worried that larger items will be put on a boat and may take months to arrive, has anyone about anything like this before.

Essentially its a fraction of the price buying direct and as such it becomes affordable as appose to €700 they charge in the shops, some are as cheap as €50.

Please can you let me know if you have provide any advice. Thanks in advance.
JB

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Re: Buying Online Factory Direct to Spain

Postby GerryinCajiz » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:34 pm

I have bought direct from China and America (electrical items). The items from America were custom cleared by the courier (DHL I seem to remember) at a cost of about €20 plus the import duty. The items from China came direct to me with no custom charges levied. This was probably due to being low cost items and it would be impractical to raise a bill for very few Euros. But, on another day perhaps an invoice would be raised. As long as you are aware of the import duty that could be levied, you make your decision. The shipping charges should indicate the method of shipment, if not sure contact the vendor, most on line points of sale Amazon, E Bay etc. indicate who the seller is and their address in the country concerned. If it is a Hong Kong company they normally speak english to a reasonable standard.
Gerry

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:47 pm

For some reason I seem to recall that when I bought my original android box from China back in 2013 I was told that any item valued over 20€ would be liable to import duty.....I remember the box and bits all came to about 130€ and I paid about 25 ish Euros in duty on arrival. Hope that helps. But would still check the creds on the Company before you buy use one of many sites to check if they are legit
http://www.supplierblacklist.com/

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:03 pm

thanks everyone for the advice, quick question however when and where is the import duty paid??? is it held somewhere until its paid or do they come to the door and you need to pain. we all know how bad spain is for red tape so if i needed to go to 100 offices to clear a 200e electric scooter it does not seem worth it, but factory direct is sooo much cheaper. its so tempting.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:32 pm

I paid the courier at my door and was given a receipt along with the goods which i had to sign for showing a form of Id nie or passport

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:22 pm

Likewise, I paid the courier at point of delivery. No payment, no package!
Gerry

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:12 am

thanks so essentially i wont know until it arrives how much extra i have to pay. for a 150 euro scooter they may charge me another 150 euros in theory, I know iva will be 21% at worst but no Idea what they class as a valuation on a non eu import. Does anyone use the app or website WISH??? would i be better off using EBAY or some known sites rather thank an anonymous hong kong or chinese factory site. I genuinely do not know and Im sick of being ripped off in shops in spain. I need to come out of the dark ages and buy online as where i live all we have is media markt and thats it.

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:30 pm

A couple of years ago I bought some fabric from USA. Total was about 200 dollars. It was stopped in Madrid and I received a letter telling me it wouldn't be released until I had paid import duties, which came to about 70 euros as far as I can remember. I paid it - i can't remember if I did it via internet or bank, sent them proof of payment, and it was delivered. There is a relatively short time before the goods are returned to sender - can't remember exactly, but 2 weeks rings a bell
AlisonB

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:39 pm

When I had an expensive food mixer sent from U.S.A a few years back it was held in Madrid. Madrid phoned me to tell me they had it and said I could pay the import duty online with a credit/debit card which I did and they released it and it was delivered within 48 hours. I recall the import duty at the time was 20%. Below is a guide
https://spainbox.com/mailboxes/duty-and ... pean-union
I So Bella tis you

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:56 pm

When I bought a second hand item from USA via Ebay my local postman left a card in my postbox to collect the item from his office and pay the import duty.
Getting back to buying from a Chinese manufacturer.
Many of them are very small businesses who buy in the parts, sometimes rejects, from larger factories and assemble the item, often cutting corners and costs in the assembly.
Don't be surprised if, for example, the fuel pipe happens to be a piece of plastic pipe that was lying around from some other job.
If the item breaks down then don't hope too much to get a spare part for it. That particular part might not still be manufactured and they now use a different part that might not fit.
Remember they can sell them at a very low price for the reasons above.
You pays your money and takes your chances.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:16 am

understood however it is the same items they have in the pop up electric shops that are being fitted out for 12 months for every latest fad available.

it was electric scooters , hoverboards recently. Smaller fidget spinners and fidget cube were the last craze. I would like an electric scooter and I want a hover board for my daughter however I am fully aware that these have battery issues and parts that break hence its worth €50 but not €300+

Im trying to make enquiries about a gib delivery there will be import duty but no VAT.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 am

john the baptist wrote:understood however it is the same items they have ...
They may look the same, particularly when you just see a photo, but no guarantee that all the components are the same. Not uncommon that a website has a photo of an item for "illustration purposes only"
You might be lucky and get a bargain but don't be too disappointed if you get a load of rubbish. :think:

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 am

anyone selling a cheap hoverboard or electric scooter??? :(

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:16 pm

There's a scooter on Facebook for €1,200.00 in the Buy Swap Sell Antequera section: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2117211 ... et&fref=nf (near the bottom of the page). If you can't access it (I think it is a closed group), I can pm you the details

Tho' it may be a bit too far for you ...
Hmmm, just noticed they are in Alcaudete, Jaen :-(
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:53 am

Chrissie are actually joking, €1,200.00 you do know that Im taking about the non motorbike type and that Im not actually a millionaire hence why I cant afford the 600e they cost for the 1000w in the shop.

they start from 60e plus shipping plus extra costs hence my question

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:26 pm

OK - no prob - I think I misunderstood ;-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)