FB messager on UK time.

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
john the baptist
Resident

FB messager on UK time.

Postby john the baptist » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi quick question when Im posting messaged in FB on my PC the time is i hour behind. Ive been in spain 10 years the computer is from Gib. i have not set anything so I am confused.

Does anyone else have this issue or know how to sort it out??? is this something to do with the change of clocks next week???

does anyone know how to sort out??

cheers

jb

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: FB messager on UK time.

Postby Enrique » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi J De B,
Sounds like you have a Date/time setting wrong.......what TimeZone are you set too........

I'm currently ....Timezone = Madrid and my Facebook messages are time stamped with correct time.

How to.........

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000554.htm
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

john the baptist
Resident

Re: FB messager on UK time.

Postby john the baptist » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:10 pm

thanks enrique, The time was set fine HOWEVER on reflection did have the comp set as UK on the app setting for content as I sometimes can not get the BBC webpage and try to avoid 100 annoying ads when opening web pages. Ive changed it back to spain and problem solved. thanks. on a similar note the the females in my house are not happy they are missing their strictly come dancing. It seems like there is less and less BBC and UK content put on the internet to download. We dont have a dns or vpn or paid IPTV sub so rely on PB to DL (if you know what I mean) there are a few LIve stream sites that I avoid as it seems to redirect to p@rn ads which obviously is not approprait others you spend 5 minutes just to be told you have to pay a fee to a russian site via bitcoin.
Please if any knows a good site to DL UK programs please do PM me. I use PB KAT and thats it I think. cheers JB