BBC iplayer

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
mikewill
Andalucia.com Amigo

BBC iplayer

Postby mikewill » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:17 am

Anybody else having problems with BBC iplayer.?
Mine has been working fine but the last couple of days I cant connect as I get a message telling me its unavailable , its as if the VPN isn't connected, although this isn't the case as my ITV hub is working perfectly .. I'm also getting the same message on my tablet,
Suggestions gratefully received . Thanks

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: BBC iplayer

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:22 am

iPlayer not working properly on WinPC for a week or two - live channels not available.

Yesterday, a software update was transmitted by Amazon (for Fire TV box), which seems to have solved the problem here (on a mk.1 box) of the iPlayer 'Channels' tab not offering the channels bar, and so preventing watching live. That had been a problem for two months or so, which no amount of re-setting, re-installing and cache clearing would resolve.
Chris

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:20 am

Not had any problems with iPLAYER On either Firestick or NowTV box.
Using SmartyDNS and the only issue I have with iPlayer is on my Macbook via Chrome browser. But works fine on Safari.

Smarty message at their client area

"BBC iPlayer is not available with Smart DNS service on Chrome, Opera and Firefox web browsers! Please use the Internet Explorer, Edge or Safari browser or it can be accessed on any browser with the London VPN server."

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Thanks for relaying that Sdns message. Using Chrome, so that probably explains it. Will try IE.

Problem I had was on Amazon Fire TV box, not stick. For the box, there are two incarnations of it (about to be a third), each with their own software. My problem (no iPlayer Channels displayed) was on a FireTV1 box.

EDIT: I.E. option working fine. Thanks again.
Last edited by TorreDelAguila on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:23 pm

One problem I have come up against with The IPlayer since the introduction of accounts is when a second user on the same account is trying to play something when the other user is already watching.
Basically it doesn’t load. The solution is to sign out and use the guest user option.