USB PORT TO HMDI CABLE

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: USB PORT TO HMDI CABLE

Postby Enrique » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi TorreDelAguila,

Windows 10 with HDMI to Samsung Smart TV HDMI

Setting Display to Duplicate get same as your Post above.......

Patricia:: Please install Teamviewer and give me a shout and I'll have a look unless you have already sorted it.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:05 pm

TorreDelAguila wrote:Hi Enrique,
I'm just using an standard full-size HDMI-HDMI lead, from HDMI socket on PC to one on the TV.
I have that but I am having to use my HP notebook which is why I want to use the computer and not the notebook. I do not have an HDMI on this computer, only a USD or display port.

Mind you I would not have known to press that button and p you mentioned so I do get a picture :thumbup: but not as good as with the cable which is HDMI both ends.

Tonight has to be the notebook again, but yes as Enrique says thank you for posting. Something else I have learnt in these past few days :D
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi patricia,
Having trawled round various Dell community sites the following crops up..........

" Display port's hardware capabilities and can only carry video signal over the display port. " Basically Dell didn't implement the Audio bit on earlier versions of the Optilex as its a Display Port only.

I don't go along 100% on the above............as many mention using Dell Drivers........you would need to check out what drivers you have installed.

PS: Thanks for making me dig out my TV.............have Dire Straits in concert on The Big Screen............ :D

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:44 am

Thank you for digging all that out for me, so basically - for now anyway - I shall stick to using my HP note book! I can use the cable in the display port and get a picture, but sound comes through the speakers, so that is something.

I would probably get a better picture using a converter but I would not get the sound and would still have to listen through the speakers.

Glad to be of help to you for a change :thumbup:

And also thank you everyone for your responses. Very helpful :D

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:56 am

By coincidence, this popped up on Amazon.es this morning:
http://www.amazon.es/CableDeconn-Displa ... onvertidor
Any use, perhaps? Maybe not, if your Dell displayport has no audio function.
Chris

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:11 am

First Tango did suggest that right at the beginning TDL but I thought it did not support sound, but I see reading the description that it does, so I might give that a whirl. :thumbup:

The cable I purchased a few days ago I had to use last night as for some reason my HDMI would only transfer sound to my TV from my note book, so used the cable from my display port, not bad, but I do not seem to get the same broad band width and there was a lot of times I got the circle whirling around! But it was nice not to have the note pad open and on and having two screen displaying the TV.

Thanks for pointing that out though :thumbup: You are all so kind to take the time to help out :D

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:25 am

patricia wrote:First Tango did suggest that right at the beginning...
Yes he did, didn't he. Sorry about that. My turn not to go back to the Start! :think:
Chris

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:50 am

Hi,
You did good TorreDelAguila.............reminding Patricia that this is available to get Sound via HDMI.

Way back at the start of the Post we hadn't sorted out what Ports where available.......... :(

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:04 pm

TorreDelAguila wrote:
patricia wrote:First Tango did suggest that right at the beginning...
Yes he did, didn't he. Sorry about that. My turn not to go back to the Start! :think:
Well if you had not mentioned it, I would not have read that it is possible to get sound and it look as if you can from what I have read. So good job you mentioned it again :thumbup:

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Well here I am again :D Suddenly the cable has stopped working! :wtf: I cannot get the tv back again using the windows key and P :problem: It has been fine for months and then two days ago it stopped working. I have tried all your recommendations, but they do not work now :| Any help will be appreciated.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:24 pm

One thing I just have to say is that I lost the internet connection in all the rain and that is when it stopped working

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:52 pm

No Internet means no picture. Simple.

Sid

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Deh! Who would have thought!! :think: No wonder I cannot get the television, well that is of course when I didnt have the internet, but now I do :wave: I was just trying to throw a bit a light on the subject, by explaining that when I lost the internet in all the rain, since being reconnected to the internet I cannot get the TV and have tried all of Torres suggestions from last time, but no luck :thumbdown: