I've just dumped Filmon

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
TerryC
Resident

I've just dumped Filmon

Postby TerryC » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:49 pm

I've subscribed to Filmon for quite some time, never had too many problems with them but their recent shut-down was the last straw. I did manage to cancel my subscription BTW. I now download programmes from findvideo.biz. I did subscribe to them for one month at 20 Euros and hit it hard downloading over 700 programmes. Now I download 2 or 3 programmes a day for free. (you have to wait 4 hours or so between free downloads.) They have all the latest programmes from BBC ITV etc albeit 3 or 4 days after they have aired live. Eg, Silent Witness, Vera.

But that is not why I'm writing.

I get my internet from Excom which deliver a pretty steady 5 Mbs, I rarely have a problem with buffering (touch wood). However when downloading from Findvideo.biz the speed of download varies all the time while downloading from 400kbs down to 15kbs and sometimes it fails altogether. Why is that please and is there any thing I can do to stop it. I would say the average download speed is around 250kbs.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: I've just dumped Filmon

Postby Enrique » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi TerryC,
Had a play using Download Managers.............have you tried any :?:

Getting a constant 256kbps..........
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

ajtg1952
Resident

Re: I've just dumped Filmon

Postby ajtg1952 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:14 pm

I almost gave up with FimOn but fortunately didn't. My view of life possibly! All back to normal. Everyone has a bad day, or ten!!....