Digital Certificate Dissapeared

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Digital Certificate Dissapeared

Postby Enrique » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi AkoAko,
What are you trying to do in your Post above.......... :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 pm

You said i should find the DC through searching but it didn't show up however the DC must be on my laptop somewhere as i found it through Internet Explorer options and that when it showed it was complete with the key which is necessary for it to work .

Think i have finaly cracked it .
When webpage requires DC it apears ( Just dont know where from as i cant find it on Laptop anywhere )

DC is where its suposed to be in PERSONAL tab

Viewing DC before clicking OK shows its complete with key

Internet Explorer just wont laod ANY link on the website where it has to take action of some sort , ie: renewing certificate , checking certificate valid , accesing personel information .

CONCLUSION , Looks to me that there is not a problem with the Digital Certificate , its Internet Explorer that has given me the hassle .

Firefox is showing the DC but it has not got the key icon showing so from what i read earlier it wouldent work anyhow .

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 pm

Hi AkoAko,
When you get a Digital Certificate in the Obtaining Procedure it will get loaded into the Browser on the computer you applied for it.

Once that is setup you make a Backup copy by Exporting it, The Exported copy is placed in a Folder of your choosing and named by you, hence my suggestion of using Your name and the Browser it came from i.e. AkoAko_IE11_signature , so you can then load it on another computer that is using IE11.

If you have two Digital Certificates in your Browser, i.e. Yours and the good Lady's, then when you go on a site that requires a DC it will ask you to Choose which one to use.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:58 pm

Had new DC yesterday and waited until i covered everything before downloading it .Its now downloaded and as per your instructions i made a Backup copy " DAVE DC IE " just to make it easy to find . Now have copies on both laptops and USB stick including the Key and Exportable .

Tried the the DC as means of access on Ministry of Employment and Pensions , Hasienda and Cita Para Medico , all worked flawlessly .

Imported the DC to IE , Chrome and Firefox without using any snap on and again all worked a charm and could export from either browser with the key .
Had some success with the wife's DC also , i have been using it regularly on my laptop so assumed it was downloaded to it and it worked perfectly with Chrome browser on the above websites . Woke up about 4am with the realization i had in fact downloaded it to the wife's laptop so got up and found it although it wont export without a key so its useless . Thought i would try to Export hers also from Chrome and i managed to do so with the key so now i have both working on my laptop and both showing on the Personal tab , previously she had only been shown on the OTHER tab of INTERNET OPTIONS of IE . None of the copies i made worked because they did not have the key and i never had an option to Export with key and until last few days i didnt know the significance of the key . I think the reason it has been working on my laptop with Chrome is possibly it was migrated through my Google account with bookmarks etc . Have now

The only site i still cant get into is the Andlucia one that requires Autofirma which i installed and although this time it didn't adversely effect the DC it wouldent open the site , just returns a message saying error and as before it stuck itself above OPEN on all my files so had to right click and go down one to open any .

There has to be something im doing wrong in the instillation of Automfirma but its in Spanish and not that brilliant with it .

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:03 am

Just a quick update that might be useful for some if they came across the same problem with Autofirma that i experienced . The Autofirma that was linked to the Andlucia website and i have also discovered other Official websites is an older version and might work for some but not if you have a 64 bit system . I found all the correct and recent links on an Official Government site and its available in 32 bit and 64 bit and works perfectly for me . The link is below .

http://firmaelectronica.gob.es/Home/Descargas.html

One thing that can happen is it will attach itself as the 1st option on the right click menu for Folders so just double clicking to open them as normal them will activate the Autofirma instead of OPEN , you need to right click and select the OPEN option manually which will be below Autofirma . Its better to just edit the menu and remove it then everything's back to normal , its reasonably straight forward , Googled it and found all the info needed to do it .

Digital Certificates and Autofirma can both be checked to see if their Valid and working through the link below .

https://valide.redsara.es/valide/?

Enrique , thank you for your perseverance , without it i might have got the problem sorted eventually but i would still at it .