Telegraph pages slow to load

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Telegraph pages slow to load

Postby Wicksey » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 pm

I have done an adwcleaner scan and it didn't find anything, but whenever I open a page on the Telegraph it is taking a long time to load. There are numerous 'waiting for .....' with various websites like googledoubleclick etc that flash up at the bottom. Then it says 'processing request' and sometimes a window comes up saying that page is unresponsive, but eventually it does load. It is only happening on the Telegraph site as far as I can see. Everything else is working and loading OK. Anyone else having problems?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Telegraph pages slow to load

Postby Enrique » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi Wicksey,

No problem with loading up Telegraph pages, with or without an add-blocker in Firefox...instant.

You don't say what Browser you're using..........as 60% use Chrome.........maybe you're one........ :?:

https://www.webnots.com/fix-slow-page-l ... le-chrome/

Notes: No need to run Adwcleaner unless you suspect a Browser Hi-jacker.i.e the URL you type takes you to a different URL.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:21 am

Thanks for that Enrique ... yes I do use Chrome! I will have a go at some of the suggestions in that link.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:58 pm

On the normal Chrome browser telegraph will not load at all .... 500 server error message. However, all works fine if I use incognito version of Chrome, and also on IE. Everything else works normally. I did find some complaints on a forum saying they had the same problems as me, so I will stay incognito for now!