Movistar PUK, and Mi Movistar

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
vinuela vinny
Resident

Movistar PUK, and Mi Movistar

Postby vinuela vinny » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:10 am

Thought that it might be useful to share a recent experience

I recently completely inadvertently, locked my Spanish mobile payg sim - wrong PIN entered three times! And then I could not find the PUK so that I could unlock everything...... I recalled that the PUK had been on the long-gone card on which the sim was originally delivered, and tried to source the PUK from the "Mi Movistar" part of the movistar website, but without success. The beginnings of a 'disaster' I thought, being uncontactable, and with all my contact numbers and data locked on the unusable sim......

But I popped into the Movistar shop in Osuna, and within two minutes - having given my phone number and NIE - the problem was solved, with the young lady there being to retreive my PUK from the Movistar online records, and my sim was unlocked......

It might be second nature to many readers, but I thought that it might be helpful to suggest to other andalucia.com readers that they have their PIN and PUK recorded somewhere safe, and secondly to bear in mind how the problem of a lost PUK number might be solved.......

On another point, can anyone advise on whether registering a payg phone on Mi Movistar would have helped me solve the problem in the first place? and a step-by-step guide on how to register on Mi Movistar in the first place.......

Thanks in advance

Vincent

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Movistar PUK, and Mi Movistar

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:10 pm

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago, and after a couple of abortive trips to the shop in Fuengirola, a very helpful gentleman was able to sort it all :-)
If you go to a shop, you will need whatever you used to register in the first place - mine was a passport that had expired & I didn't have the old number, but the helpful gent was able to locate it via my NIE

As far as I know, the required info is not available on Mi Movistar, and it's so long since I registered I can't remember how I did it ! Is there not a link you can try ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi vinuela vinny,
If Mi Vodafone( PAYGO) is anything to go by then PUK/PIN numbers are available via online login.

PS: How is the Lake filling up........ :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:20 am

Thanks chrissiehope and Enrique for your thoughts

Regret that I have no info re the Vinuela reservoir - my username reflects a past residence, and we are 150km away from there now......

Vincent

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:41 pm

Enrique wrote:
PS: How is the Lake filling up........ :?:
Drove past today, any increase was not noticeable to me.
Gerry