TV not Starting

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
john the baptist
Resident

TV not Starting

Postby john the baptist » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 am

Can anyone help, Our tv that we bought in Carrefour does not start up anymore.

Its a 46inch TV systems bought in Carrefour about 2 and a half years ago so out of guarantee, When we put it on the start screen does appear for a fraction of a second (ie) half a second then we have a blank screen.

Has anyone else experienced this issue??? would it be possible to reload the firmware?? should i open it up and look for loose connections?? we have had some power cuts during the rain However it was paying ok then during a program it cut out. My point it I dont think that it was a power surge so I have some hope that there is a fix.

Please can I have some advice if anyone knows.

is there a hard reset that can be done just using the tv. The model is TD 46 inch td systems k46dlm2f.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP???

Thanks JB

satandpcguy
Resident

Re: TV not Starting

Postby satandpcguy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:33 am

Sounds like the power to the screen has gone...for one reason or another, but frequent power cuts can cause such issues. Two options, get it repaired, or get another TV and a surge protector / UPS.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it