Need to realign Satellite Dish

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
costacab
Andalucia.com Amigo

Need to realign Satellite Dish

Postby costacab » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Have lost Intelsat signal. Have double checked everything and think it can only be that the dish needs realigning. Can anyone recommend anyone reliable and cheap to do it in the Fuengirola/Mijas pueblo area.
Have got the family coming at the weekend for Easter and can't face the "no telly" tantrums!

gerrynag
Resident

Re: Need to realign Satellite Dish

Postby gerrynag » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:40 pm

Well you could try this phone app, which will help you align the dish:-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nder&hl=en

Never tried it, but worth a try. I believe there are iphone apps that do the same, if you phone is not android.

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:56 pm

I think you'll find it's the weather. Cloud and rain don't go well with 907!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:06 pm

You’re right. For the last 3 weeks we have used catchup most of the time as the signal is useless with all this rain.

Sid

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:22 am

Well unless op has been really unlucky and it has rained or been windy everytime he has tried to watch tv, then i think its unlikely that that is the cause of having no signal at all. More likely is that the dish was not very secure and wind has moved it permanently, that or something else is wrong with the system, such as faulty lnb or receiver box. Worth checking if any movement on dish, will indicate if it has moved. Also use app I suggested to see if it is out of alignment.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:54 am

costacab wrote:Have lost Intelsat signal. Have double checked everything and think it can only be that the dish needs realigning. Can anyone recommend anyone reliable and cheap to do it in the Fuengirola/Mijas pueblo area.
Have got the family coming at the weekend for Easter and can't face the "no telly" tantrums!
There is a company at los boliches, drive to end and then go onto coast road towards Benalmadena. 2 minutes outside of Fuengi on a mini roundabout is a sat dish place. Speaks english also.

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:38 am

And in my experience 907 alignment needs to be absolutely bang on, no room for error.