Intel sat

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Intel sat

Postby elusive » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:55 am

Anyone struggling to get a signal on intelsat.mines around 60 and mostly says scrambled even though the skys have cleared ( in fr.ig) normally the pic comes back straight away after bad weather clears.wondering if the dish might have moved

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Intel sat

Postby gerryh » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:59 am

No problems here now the wind and rain has stopped. Got a perfect picture.
I would suggest you dish has moved, or even been bent out of shape, due to the high winds.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:18 am

Cheers gerry.thats what im thinking

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:56 am

Yes intelsat 907 needs to be absolutely bang on and check the obvious stuff first too such as cable, connectors, lnb, water ingress etc.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:43 pm

Rather odd but its come back on again at some point during the afternoon.wondering if maybe it had water in ot although would that effect signal strength? Will keep an eye on it as originally it couldnt be looked at until next week anyway

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:02 pm

In my experience it will, the last house we had in Spain had a hidden join in the cable behind a gutter down pipe, 2 F connectors and a barrel and it had only been taped with insulation tape rather than amalgamating rubber tape, when it rained the signal would drop, the connector assembly was wet. I ran a new cable from the dish to the box never had another problem.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:34 pm

Well the rain started again. Only slighty but the signal dropped again.when you turn it on the signal is quite high but then drops into the 50's .now the skies have cleared its fine and back on at around 70. First time this has happened in the 2 plus years we have had it so i guess theres an issue somewhere as normally it only drops out when theres a good amount of rain.we havnt got any gutters near the dish though

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:55 am

High altitude dense cloud and rain can also reduce the signal: quality drops off first, before strength.
Dish alignment critical, as said.
Chris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:12 pm

It was off again when we turned it on this morning (dark but clear skies) came back on late morning. Its all abit random. I guess its the alignment and the slightest bit of cloud etc is making the signal drop. See what it is when it gets checked