Removing SmartyDNS from laptop

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Removing SmartyDNS from laptop

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 02, 2018 5:21 pm

When I subscribed to SmartyDNS I set it up on my laptop in addition to my router so that I could use it if I was away from home.

Now that they cannot connect to the BBC I have given up with them and subscribe to SmartDNSproxy. That is set up on my router and works fine on my PC and TV.

However, the fact that I have Smarty still on my laptop means that it seems to over-ride SmartDNSproxy that's on the router and therefore the BBC will not work on my laptop when I try to use it at home. I have looked at how I set it up per Smarty's support pages but I cannot seem to reverse what I've done to get rid of it. Help!

Looking again ..... I have entered a DNS address on the IPv4 properties page which I did when I set it up I think ..... should I just delete this?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Removing SmartyDNS from laptop

Postby Enrique » Wed May 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Hi Wicksey,
Yes you will need to remove TCP/ip4 put it back to obtain settings automatically.
Might be worth from CMD box typing ipconfig / flushdns

Reboot system

How did you find smartydns VPN offering?
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 02, 2018 6:01 pm

Thanks Enrique. Are you saying to do the CMD box after changing my IPv4 settings?

I tried to use the SmartyVPN when the BBC wasn't working but it said there was an error and wouldn't connect.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 02, 2018 6:25 pm

CMD box says "successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache" so preumably OK and I'll reboot it now. Thanks once again!