Movistar PAYG Recharging

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
vinuela vinny
Resident

Movistar PAYG Recharging

Postby vinuela vinny » Mon May 14, 2018 9:03 am

Hi All

For fifteen years, we have recharged both our Movistar payg mobiles, by my Spanish debit card, online, with no problems.....

Over the weekend, we tried to charge my wife's phone, but we got a succession of error messages, and it failed to recharge. My phone recharged perfectly......

After a bit of tooing and froing (and expletives being deleted) including trying to recharge using other cards, all incidentally with hindsight in my name, the penny dropped. We then tried to recharge my wife's phone using HER debit card rather than mine, and it worked perfectly. It seems therefore that mobile phone security has been updated, and that not only do they require a personal email registered to each mobile, but now payment must be made from a linked bank account......

Don't know if this applies to other providors, but I thought that this might help some other technically challenged soul......

Keep smiling

Vincent