SmartyDNS alternative

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
snorbs
Andalucia.com Amigo

SmartyDNS alternative

Postby snorbs » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:22 am

SmartyDNS hasn’t worked with bbc iplayer for some time now albeit it works ok for me with other services including sky go
I see on here that a number of people are now using smartdns as alternative to SmartyDNS

Whilst I understand this solves the bbc iplayer issue does it also work well with sky Go?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: SmartyDNS alternative

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:04 pm

It didn't use to work well with SkyGo but recently it has improved. I watch SkyGo the Ipad and The PS4 with Smart DNS..
I was using Unblockus but starting getting problems with the Iplayer.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:08 pm

I use PureVPN installed on iPad then cast to the tv. Sometimes the casting process can be strange but it eventually works. Unfortunately I am with broadband4spain and iplayer got wise to the “uk” IP address they provide - as did itv.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:10 pm

I've used smartdnsproxy for a couple of years now and for me it works like a charm. Cheap as chips and on the odd occasion that I have needed it support has been excellent.
Regards

Bob

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:32 pm

I changed to them when the current Smarty problem stared. I have had no problems at all. I have now signed up for a good 2 year deal and Smarty have refunded the balance of my annual sub.

Sid