Internet supplier

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
alantemp
Tourist

Internet supplier

Postby alantemp » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:57 pm

Hello all, can anybody recommend an internet supplier for Almogia please? I’m looking for unlimited 20mbps download. Thank you.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Internet supplier

Postby costakid » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:00 pm

Check out BB4S. Not sure if they cover your village but they cover Axarquia.

alantemp
Tourist

Postby alantemp » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:53 pm

Thank you costakid for the suggestion. I have contacted them and they said they do not cover Almogia. Any more suggestions please?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:02 pm

There is a German guy in Torox who cover a massive area. Not sure how it works but he sells airtime or bandwidth. His name is Franz. Someone on here will no him.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi alanemp,
Have a wander round your town with either a smart phone or Laptop and see what "Available Networks" show up, most users don't change their ISP names , so you will get info on local suppliers.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:11 am

If you have a computer shop and/or mobile phone shop in your town they might be able to tell you of availability of Wifi - if all else fails go for a satellite installation. They are still providing the equipment and installation free and you should be able to get an unlimited fairly fast Gb service.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:49 am

If you need a wireless ISP like BB4S then you need to be in direct line of sight of their aerial. Even though we have a good view of the Costa we only have one ISP that can supply us as other companies aerials are just out of sight behind us.

Are you in the village or in the campo? There may be a landline possibility (ie Moviestar etc) in the village itself, but in the campo it can be a lot more tricky.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:21 pm

How about axartel. Dont know whether they do you area though. But worth checking

alantemp
Tourist

Postby alantemp » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Acartel only quote up to 15mbps. I believe the problem with using a mobile company via 4G is it is not unlimited data and as I want it for streaming tv/movies, I need unlimited 20mbps.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:01 am

The Wimax is usually unlimited and is not via a 4G mobile phone, it comes from their own aerials/transmitters dotted about the campo/Costa. I regularly watch catch up on my smart TV and get a good reception when I have less than 4mbps. I understand from others on here that you don't need a lot of mbps to watch TV. It's only when my speed drops to below 2 that I get buffering.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Axartel do fiber optic aswell now. Obviously dependent on the area. axartel Winmx is fine for using iptv.as above you need more than 2mb.worked fine for us on 6mb when we had iptv its also unlimited