Mobile Phone Help Please!!!!!!

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
pensure1988
Resident

Mobile Phone Help Please!!!!!!

Postby pensure1988 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:15 am

A acquaintence who is not clued up with computers asks

"Hi, I would really appreciate some help - can anyone suggest a pay as you go mobile with a camera - nothing fancy just one suitable for an elderly lady that I can use for texting, phoning and taking the odd photo. I am baffled when I go into the mobile shops - too much technology for me I'm afraid. Thanks in advance"

Thanks

David

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Mobile Phone Help Please!!!!!!

Postby costakid » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:51 am

I would say an entry level Nokia with a camera may be the cheapest option as Samsung and Apple are expensive. If not Nokia try Huawei but not sure how easy they are to use.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:21 am

Presuming they want a non smart phone theres not a huge amount of options. I would go into the phone house shop and have a look at the phones in there.cant imafine the cameras are upto much on those types of phones though. The phones are unlocked so then you can pick any and get a payg deal ontop

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:55 am

Hi

Is there still a phone house shop in Estepona as I could not find it in avd Espana the other day.

Thank You

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:49 pm

Vodafone do an option in their pay as you go scheme where you do not have to pay for data - Vodafone Fácil - should you decide you do want a bit of data you can use it on an ad hoc basis, but the option comes with just phone and text, and camera - front and back camera on the cheapest entry phone may be a bit low in rating at 2g. The next up model may be with a better main camera 8g (still low rating on the "selfie" camera. You can do it via PhoneHouse, or a dedicated Vodafone outlet.
Something to note - most if not all spanish phones put in minutes of phone use, but you need to check the smaller print as these are usually national only, as in within Spain and the Islands - not international. If friend wants international, perhaps the Mi País at 15 euros per 28 days might be better but it is an awful lot of minutes international 800, and you pay extra for any national calls.
The Facil seems to be charged on a usage basis from either a bank account direct debit, or a credit card account ...
Unfortunately I cannot persuade the website to do English, so you may be better armed with this bit of information, to go into PhoneHouse and find an english-speaker - at least you can give them a better idea of what you are looking for?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Have a look on hits mobile and mas mobile Websites for ideas on tariffs. All in english.large selections depending on your needs