Samsung J2 Prime smartphone from India bought in Spain

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
pensure1988
Resident

Samsung J2 Prime smartphone from India bought in Spain

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi

Can someone help me please . My friend has bought herself a Samsung J2 Prime Smartphone made in India in Spain. The phone has 8 Gig of storage on it. The phone continues to say you are running out of memory. 549mb of memory left. I see the phone has a space for a SD Card. Would 32 GIG be sufficent additional memory to install.She needs it for Photos, Whatsapp and messenger. Do you have to Root the phone first before converting the SD Card to internal memory as well. Has anbody coverted Smartphone External Memory to Internal memory on this Forum already.

Thank You

David

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Samsung J2 Prime smartphone from India bought in Spain

Postby gerryh » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi David
The fact the phone was made in India doesn't matter, however if it was made for the Indian market it might matter.
A 32G memory card should be OK unless she is going to store a large library of photos.
Once the SD card is installed photos and Whatsapp messages, videos can be moved to the SD card. Don't know about messenger as I don't use it.
Download an install AppMgr from the playstore.
She should then be able to move some of the apps to the SD card releasing space in the phone's memory.
It is also possible, depending on the version of Android that some od the SD card can be used as memory.
So, get a SD card and, after fitting it if you have any problems/ queries then get back to me.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Hi Gerry

Thank You for your reply. We will be buying a SD Card on Monday ,so will contact you next week ,if we have queries or problems.

Cheers

David

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:44 am

Have they done the basics like clearing the cache in settings to free up some extra memory

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:00 am

Yes worth doing but that is only a temporary fix as the memory will soon get eaten up when the cache rebuilds.
A SD card gives a permanent increase in storage capacity.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:33 am

I have a Samsung J1 and cannot put Whatsapp (the biggest user of space) onto the SD card. Where it says move to card it is greyed out. My Lenovo phone will only put either photos/music files on the SD or apps, but not both. My Samsung is driving me mad (only 4GB) so I am going to have to buy another with far more memory. I am constantly clearing off messages and the cached files but it is still saying not sufficient memory to update Whatsapp or anything else.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:08 pm

Weirdly my wife and I both have samsung J5 , I can put apps on the sd card but my wife can't because it is greyed out.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:01 pm

Prob a daft question but what actually happens when you move an app to a SD card. Does the app still show on your app screen as normal and its just saved on your card rather than the device.

Also would uninstalling all updates on a built in stock app that you dont use free up alot of memory or wouldnt it make much difference

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Yes Elusive, you notice nothing different but it just frees up space on the phone. However, in my case apps like Messenger seem to jump back to the phone after a while.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:42 am

When apps automatically update they move back to the phone.

If you have a new sd card, you can set the phone to see the sd card as the internal memory.

I have an lg x power 2, its 16gb internal and i have a 32gb card. The 16gb is always getting full up :lol:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

lalitsharma
Tourist

Postby lalitsharma » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:13 pm

If your phone's internal storage running out, you can consider using any Android cleaner app like CM antivirus and security master which can help you get easily get rid of temp and cache files. Further, WhatsApp still doesn't have the feature to use SD card as its default storage. You will be need to move WhatsApp media to the SD card manually.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:56 pm

Thank you for all your replies. They are appreciated.
On another note, my friend has a clock problem on her Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime Smartphone. The time in the top right corner is hour behind the actual time on the Homescreen. We have tried the Clock app and also the time and date app in settings to change without success. Please can someone help us.

Thank You

David

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi,
Are you using the right Timezone on both settings.......... :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi Enrique

I think that we are using the same time zone which is Madrid. a couple of times the phone settings app has stopped working and has closed. I wonder why this has happened

Thanks

David