Fire Stick IPTV

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
jogger
Resident

Fire Stick IPTV

Postby jogger » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi

I have my iptv currently on a mag box but was thinking of getting the 4k fire stick.. What I need to know will it be straight forward the supplier just sends the iptv to the new stick and I'm up and running. I'm afraid I'm not very tech savvy.

Thanks
Roy

satandpcguy
Resident

Re: Fire Stick IPTV

Postby satandpcguy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:14 am

you may find that not all iptv suppliers support all devices, so check first the the iptv provider...
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:47 am

My Fire TV works really well and the reviews for the 4K stick are saying it's even better still.
With the fire stick you install apps and watch content on them
Catch-up apps offers high quality pictures for all the BBC channels and live TV on the ITV app albeit at a slight lower but acceptable quality.

Other Freeview channels can be watched the TVPlayer app which has a nice interface allowing for a smooth change of channels.

Having said that if you want third part apps to watch all the other free stuff, it is also possible with the Fire TV. If you are watching in Spain, it is likely you will need some sort of VPN or smart DNS.

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:10 am

Thanks, I've got the original fire stick but have a iptv which I was using on my mag box in Spain. I borrowed the box from a mate, so I heard good stuff about the quality of the 4k stuck and thought instead of getting a box I would go for the stick.

Floriana
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Floriana » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:07 pm

A question on the Amazon Fire TV stick. If I buy it in England and bring it to Spain, what will I be able to watch on it without a VPN? Can I watch the movies etc that come with my Premium membership (I have Amazon Premium in Spain and England). At the moment I can only watch the Amazon stuff on my laptop because Amazon carefully made sure the Chromecast (which I already have) wouldn't work for Amazon stuff - understandably I suppose but annoying.

Also I'm not looking for fantastic HD or amazing sound (eyes and ears both losing their sharpness anyway) so would any version be OK?

And yet another issue, I have a Google Home Mini in both locations so don't want flipping Alexa putting her oar in :lol:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:27 pm

You cant watch bbc or bbc catch up with out a vpn. I use the fire stick and also have kodi but I cant get BBC channels.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:26 am

Sign up for a few different DNS severs and they will offer free introductory periods, which should keep you going for about a month. If you don’t sign up straight away for any, after a few days you will start to receive some offers and might even be offered a year’s subscription for as little as 20 euros for the whole year.

Floriana
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Floriana » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:09 am

I know I can't get UK TV channels without DNS/VPN but after a bad experience (continued to take money when I had cancelled and then left interference on my router, had to buy a new one) I'm never going there again. I just wanted to know what is on the Fire Stick that I can watch wherever I am. I have an Android Box on which I can get pretty much anything I want but quality not always very good so was wondering whether a Fire Stick would offer me Amazon Prime movies on my TV in Spain without problems.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:13 am

It won't work without a DNS and a UK subscription. If you just want the Spanish Amazon prime and maybe Netflix, buy the Spanish version of the Fire stick

Floriana
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Floriana » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:17 am

Thank you - that is what I needed to know. I will stick with what I have...

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:04 pm

If you are thinking of a Basic FireStick Amazon.es have them for 29.99 for Prime members at the moment, rather than 59.99....
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Floriana
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Floriana » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:08 pm

Can you send me a link to that please I can't find it, only for £39.99

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:38 pm

It is a strange way of pricing - my order shows as 29.99 but the product description says 49.99! If you are a Prime client I suggest you try ordering it up to the point of placing the order, then mine showed a further discount of 20.

Resumen del pedido
Subtotal de producto(s):
EUR 41,31
Envío:
EUR 0,00
Total antes de impuestos:
EUR 41,31
Impuestos:
EUR 8,68
Total:
EUR 49,99
Promoción aplicada:
-EUR 20,00
Importe total:
EUR 29,99
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:54 pm

To buy the Spanish version and to get that offer, you need to change to the Spanish site.
The £49.99 version on the UK site is the new 4K one and the one on the Spanish site is a different version, advertised at £39.99 on the UK site.

Floriana
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Floriana » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Thank you all

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Had the all new 4k Amazon Firestick since Monday and find it much faster than previous generation models and setting up the new remote was very simple and some nice new features. Thoroughly recommend.