Problem - Canon All in One - Printer, Scanner, Copier

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
sampedrena
Resident

Problem - Canon All in One - Printer, Scanner, Copier

Postby sampedrena » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi All
Hope someone can help as this is driving me to distraction! We have had a Canon TS3100 series (TS3151) All in One which has worked okay since we got it in January this year. It's never been the easiest to use as the instructions are almost non-existent or totally incomprehensible (to me anyway!)

Now, however it is not really working at all. On Friday I just couldn't persuade it to scan using its own software - it kept showing me an Error Message saying the laptop could not communicate with the scanner & giving various reasons - none of which seem to apply in this case. The message is headed ScanGear and has a code 2,157,201. I had something urgent to scan - so I searched online & found how to use MS Scan & Fax, which managed to operate between the laptop & Canon, so I don't think it can be a wifi problem.

I tried re-loading the Canon software & updating - but all I could get it to print was the Print Head Alignment page & the Test Page. Again, it does seem that laptop & Canon are communicating. Then, this morning, I tried another re-install and chose also to add an XPS (?) Driver. Then - it did do some scans - but every few scans I would again see the error screen as previously, but on re-trying it did a scan. It still will not print from laptop.

I've printed a Network Configuration Page which really doesn't mean anything to me - except that under Network Diagnostics - it says "There is a problem in the Settings/Environment". I've just tried Scanning again - twice it has presented the same Error Message but on the 3rd try - using Custom Scan setting has just worked!!

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try, please? The Canon All in One is useless at present - so anything would be worth a try, I think!

Many thanks - please help!
La vida es un espejo, si sonries ella te sonrie

pensure1988
Resident

Re: Problem - Canon All in One - Printer, Scanner, Copier

Postby pensure1988 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi

Have found these two links for you. Hope it works .

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index? ... &actp=LIST

https://www.canon.ie/support/consumer_p ... ror_codes/

Good Luck

David

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:31 pm

Hi sampedrena,
Can you email me the Network Configuration Page

I'll PM you my email address.....

Thanks
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

sampedrena
Resident

Postby sampedrena » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:34 am

Thank you both
Enrique: I've sent the info, as you asked.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:54 am

Good morning,
Have you moved Printer from the time it was working OK........ :?:

Added:: Thanks for detailed info received.

First thoughts the wifi signal from Network to the Printer is low and this can cause odd things to happen.

I'm working in the olives all day so will look at this later.

Can you in the meantime Please install Teamviewer and this will give me the option to get Hands on should I need it later.

Thanks
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

sampedrena
Resident

Postby sampedrena » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi Enrique - No we haven't moved the printer at all and it has been working for nearly a year, until this week. Not heard of TeamViewer but will have a look.
Just a thought but - as we generally use a BW laser printer - on those occasions when we do want to use the Canon Colour Printer / Scanner - it would not be too inconvenient to move the laptop into the room where it stands and connect directly by a wire. Not sure if this printer can connect that way - or how to go about doing it. But perhaps it would be a possibility. Does that sound as if it might work?
Hope the olives are going okay and your back is not suffering!

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:02 pm

Most recent printers can be operated by USB (cable) connection. Worth a try.
If you still need a full user manual for the printer, you'll find on on Canon's website, under Support.
Chris

sampedrena
Resident

Postby sampedrena » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi Enrique & everyone - Thanks for all your help.

Well - I don't quite know how but I have managed to get the Canon to both Print and Scan from one of our laptops (red laptop) - which I haven't "messed with" at all! (It wasn't doing either the other day - or I would have used that laptop)

As far as the "blue laptop" is concerned, it will now Scan but still won't print. This is the case even when I put the Canon printer right at the side of the router & the Network Configuration Page shows 100% Signal Strength and Link Quality.

However, I think we can live with what we have now - I'll just move my OH off his laptop for a few minutes if I need to do a colour print! I am tempted to do yet another re-install on my "blue laptop" but think I may be best to just leave well alone!

Thanks again for all your help.