Changing user name in folder - new laptop

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
fyfin
Resident

Changing user name in folder - new laptop

Postby fyfin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Well, I'm stumped. Bought a new laptop, Spanish for the first time. No problem changing the language to English or the local user name from Uuario to the name I wanted. I had to do a reboot for the language to change in the system but so far so good.

However, even though I had changed the user name from the default, when I looked at the folder name under users it was still Uuario and not the name I had changed it to in local users.

I could just add a new folder but I'm not sure that would help with the system recognising it as default for documents etc.

So does anyone know how I can rename his folder under C:/users
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Changing user name in folder - new laptop

Postby Enrique » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:20 pm

Hi fyfin,
Might be easier to create a new local account or login to your Microsoft account if you have one.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

fyfin
Resident

Re: Changing user name in folder - new laptop

Postby fyfin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:57 pm

Enrique I'm rapidly coming to that conclusion. Then I'll change the directory that videos, documents etc to point to the other local directory. I try to avoid Microsoft a/c . Can't be bothered with passwords lol
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it