sky news on astra 19

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
john the baptist
Resident

sky news on astra 19

Postby john the baptist » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 am

Hi all ive lost the signal for sky news on astra 19 bbc world is ok and all the spanish paid channels, but no signal on the astra frequency. king of sats does not report a change and ive have not lost any other channels so i dont think my dish or lnb is the problem,

i really enjoy sky news as its my main source of info for the uk, has anyone else noticed this issue????

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: sky news on astra 19

Postby biribiri » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:59 am

Sky news international is still broadcasting free on Astra @ 19e
Frequency 12604/H symbol rate 22000

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:27 pm

:( ive definitely have an issue then :(

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:42 pm

omg i got the mop out and wiped the 1.3m dish and lnb and sky is back. i noticed it was dusty with some bird mess but now its cleaned ive got 90% again like every other channel.

if only everything in life was so simple

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:28 pm

:lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :crazy:
:clap: :clap:
:lol:

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:30 pm

How is it possible to lose only one station with a bit of cr-ap on the dish/lnb - you would think it would be all or nothing??
Well done, with the mop !

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:44 am

Hi no Idea, I get around 1000 channels on astra 19 and ignore the french and German paid ones even though I get them encrypted as they basically replicate the Spanish ones ie history MTV Discovery, sports etc.

Whilst i have the opportunity may I ask Im a big DAKAR fan, apart from Eurosport live in English which i get :) Im struggling to download the race and highlights this year.

Does anyone know any site apart from the short official videos where you can dl the eurosport coverage. I recorded it last night but missed the first couple of days and its easier to DL it than watch it live late at night.

I can confirm I moped the dish and lnb and sky news transponder went from nothing to 90% signal strength. i guess as Im using the 1.3m dish and not the normal 60 cm smaller dish its actually harder to pick up certain signals. Its was certainly very hard to tune as hard as aligning for astra 28 which surprised me however when you have to do it all on your own and we are all getting on a bit im find thing things more difficult. :)

going to convert a downstairs room into another living room now the kids are getting older and will attempt to get Intelsat AND astra 19 on the one box when its done. BTW although probably not very correct BUT i can thoroughly recommend ditching IPTV rubbish and going the HD sat route. €24 a year sub for all the paid channels. Im so sick of buffering.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:53 pm

The Dakkar is on Teledeportes on the spanish channel, in spanish of course but they do a nightly round-up ...
We have never taken to the "Dakkar" since, a) it stopped going from Paris, and b) the final straw, when they swanned off to South America - on solely a very temporary basis, and they have never gone back- The whole point was that it went from Paris to Dakkar on the west coast of AFRICA and brought good things to that neck of the woods
Since when was Dakkar in South America - they might at least have the decency to change the name!

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:36 pm

lol yes the ASO is a french company and money machine which also owns the tour de france. I remember watching the the Tour pass by as a student when i was at Uni in BRIGHTON.
Dakar it better in south america. The whole rally is in peru this year. BTW after the 11pm show they show the eco rally which started in Monaco and is going through Morocco and ending up in dakar.
Personally id love to see it do through Algeciras and Malaga BUT after the recent murder of the two danish girls but ISIS supporters I dont believe africa will ever be safe again. The E grand prix is in marakesh this weekend which i think is reduculous. However if you thing about it your more likely to be stabbed in the UK and shot in the USA than be murdered by terrorist in africa.
Poor Sam Sunderland won the bikes in 2017 and the Dakar is practically unknown and unfollowed in the UK.