Avatel broadband & TV.

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
chelse56

Avatel broadband & TV.

Postby chelse56 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:37 pm

Hi! We’re having Avatel internet installed next Wednesday 23rd Jan 19. I’m in UK at the moment. Has anyone had them to install and will I need to provide any cables to make the system work properly? We’re having 300Mb + TV channels.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Avatel broadband & TV.

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:10 pm

The only thing you would need to supply would be an HDMi cable if needed.

happyh
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby happyh » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:29 pm

Probably not true.I have Avatel. My router sends the internet tv to the tv set down a coax to the aerial socket.I had to rearrange my installation because they wanted to install the router next to the socket where the fibre enters the building and my tv set is the other side of the room.They asked me to place the tv next to the router which was not feasible.On the rearranged visit the engineer had enough coax and the tools and plastic trunking to run a long coax around the skirting and over a patio door.
It all works well though,very pleased

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:29 pm

So you didn’t have to supply anything. The installer did.

happyh
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby happyh » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 pm

That doesn't help the original poster who says they are currently in UK with installation due next Weds.
Whoever provides the extra kit, in my experience it was not offered or available at the first visit by the installer and required a reschedule.This information should be useful.
An HDMI cable was a guess and of no help at all.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:47 pm

In our community Avatel only installed the router where the "phone jack" was. So like some posters here the TV etc was on the other side of the room.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:55 pm

happyh wrote: An HDMI cable was a guess and of no help at all.
NOT a guess at all. I suggested an HDMi in case they wanted to hard wire something to the router. So what was it again that you had to supply?

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:31 pm

Yes there is a coax point on the router and coax cable needs to go to the aerial input on the TV, the TV tuner is then used to pick up and store the channels. There is no separate "box" used. When ours was installed they accommodated my needs without hesitation. If there is already TV cabling in ducting in the walls that can of course be used if it's in the right place.
Bear in mind that with the Avatel TV system as far as the UK channels are concerned only BBC1 BBC2 and ITV are in HD all the others are SD.

happyh
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby happyh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:04 pm

costakid wrote:
happyh wrote: An HDMI cable was a guess and of no help at all.
NOT a guess at all. I suggested an HDMi in case they wanted to hard wire something to the router. So what was it again that you had to supply?
Really? The Avatel router does NOT have an HDMI socket.How would you connect to that? Have a guess please.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:22 pm

Cant see you lasting on here with your attitude. I was trying to help the original poster. Byeeeeeeee