Facebook hackers

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Facebook hackers

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:16 pm

Just had a "Friend" request on Facebook from my ex-wife - strange as she has been on that list for some time. I asked how she was, and why she was repeating the request, to be told that her original page had been infected by a trojan virus. I asked "her" to confirm her identity - give me the name of a bridesmaid at our wedding, or name my best man, things that would never be anywhere on her page, and the silence confirmed that this was from a hacker, confirmed by the real her via our daughter.
May I recommend that anyone getting this sort of suspicious activity do something similar, then report the hack and change passwords etc. Simple but effective.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Facebook hackers

Postby elusive » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:31 pm

Common practice if you get a friend request from someone that you are alreadys friends with you should always double check before you accept their request as a good chance its dodgy. Although i did have friends who thought everytime you got a new device you needed to create a new account!!

Parilla
Resident

Re: Facebook hackers

Postby Parilla » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Wouldn't it be easier not to have a facebook account at all ?

Parilla