Best Pay as You Go sim Card

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
john the baptist
Resident

Best Pay as You Go sim Card

Postby john the baptist » Wed May 08, 2019 8:27 am

Hi All We need another mobile line as well as our two contracted mobiles for one of our children however we need it only for calls. Im looking for a recommendation as most companies are offering monthly payment schemes with data and all im looking for is the old fashion PAYG top up every 3 or six months.

I used to have one but forgot to top up before the deadline and now it has been lost plus the whatsapp number has gone as well :(

Can anyone recommend a company that has the PAYG option witout the various 4g data plan etc which has to be paid monthly as is essentially a contract with a 30 day commitment. As its for a young child it would be calls and home wifi only.

Thanks in advance

jb

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Best Pay as You Go sim Card

Postby elusive » Wed May 08, 2019 8:34 am

Most payg allow you to pay a small yearly fee (think its around 3 euros with hits network) and you dont need to top up every few months. Your whatsapp number is your telephone num. So lose your num...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 08, 2019 9:38 am

I've got PAYG with Orange and Vodafone (and Virgin for the UK), I've never had a phone contract. I bought the Vodafone SIM a year or two back as I wanted a second SIM in our UK phone for local use in an emergency so we can have a Spanish number each. I bought it for 5€ and check it online to make sure it's still valid, making the odd call on it to keep it active.

The only problem was when it was put in the phone it was already on data which is always usually switched off and it immediately took 3€ off for the connection to the internet which I wasn't very pleased about! I never use internet via the phone SIM so for odd calls or texts or to receive calls it's fine.

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Wed May 08, 2019 11:21 am

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed May 08, 2019 11:43 am

So do I.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed May 08, 2019 4:55 pm

You don’t say whether or not you are in Spain.
If you are, speak to your provider to see how much having an extra line would cost. Tell them your needs as some are offering extra lines for little or no cost especially as you only require basic usage.

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Thu May 09, 2019 7:53 pm

thanks for the advice just need a number for whatsapp as its the main type of communication that kids use these days with regards to homework.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed May 15, 2019 8:48 am

a movistar second line with their fusion package is only 15€ a month so 50c a day ?

What telephone service do you have at home John?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.